Windows 10: What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop

Discus and support What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear MSCS I would like to know if my Dell XPS 17 702X laptop with 2TB drives, one SSD the other HHD 1TB each 2 8GBRam would burn a hole in the house... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Jun 11, 2020.

1. What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop

Dear MSCS

I would like to know if my Dell XPS 17 702X laptop with 2TB drives, one SSD the other HHD 1TB each 2 8GBRam would burn a hole in the house electricity, because my girlfriend believes it does, since she has had a new service that gives her access to what she is using.

Do home laptops burn excess electrcity?

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Incorrect Battery Report, no estimate available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like you to know that the battery estimate report is generated as per the sensors that are present within the laptop to sense the battery. It could be an issue with the sensor and that could be the reason you are receiving a false estimate.

I suggest you to try updating the battery drivers, generate a report and see if that makes any difference. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    and update the
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver. The ACPI driver is responsible for the power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to get in touch with the laptop manufacturer and have a check with the battery and the battery sensor.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop

1. What Estimate of Electricity Can Be Used By A Laptop - Similar Threads - Estimate Electricity Used

2. What happens if the electricity goes off and my laptop is on reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if the electricity goes off and my laptop is on reset?: What happens if the electricity goes off and my laptop is on reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-the-electricity-goes-off-and-my/b7befe13-b93c-4bde-96cf-4c88ecc67033
  3. Estimate time is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  4. Estimate time is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Estimate time is missing: Hi community,I had an update on windows 11 but estimate time was missing in windows update setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-time-is-missing/50c42f5f-9ddd-4a3e-ad64-04757fd30099
  5. Laptop switches on when other electrical appliances are used, eg. lights

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop switches on when other electrical appliances are used, eg. lights: I have my laptop and my lamp on the same multiplug, with the laptop on sleep. Whenever my lamp is turned on or off, the laptop turns on as well. My laptop is an ASUS VivoBook with the latest version of Win10 as of posting this....
  6. Estimated time for chkdsk to done

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Estimated time for chkdsk to done: Hi. I want to ask, how long for chkdsk to done? I have maybe 528 GB on my C drive main disk. And i want to know estimated time for drives that have 1-5 TB of storage....
  7. Incorrect battery estimate time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect battery estimate time: Hi, I have a Lenovo S340 laptop in which battery estimate time is showing incorrect and keeps on fluctuating regularly. Though the battery backup is same as usual but only the estimation is showing wrong. Please help me in resolving this....
  8. Battery estimate not shown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery estimate not shown: Yet another case when someone decides for me what I need and what I do not. Suddenly they disabled battery life estimate. "you see it is just an estimate." A pretty accurate estimate, Big Bro, and much better than my guess! And, if I do not need it, there is an option to...
  9. Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with Battery Life Estimate on a new laptop: I've purchased a new Dell XPS 13 a week ago, and the battery estimate setting has just been going haywire? It'll show 2 hr 45 min remaining on 95%, then bump it up to 11 hrs at 92%, then it'll drop back down to 3 hours at 90%. I've contacted Dell and they checked that...
  10. Estimate reading time for document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Estimate reading time for document: Could you tell me if there is any option in Word to estimate reading time for a document. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/estimate-reading-time-for-document/d912650d-1aa2-4153-a4ca-661b32223903"