Windows 10: What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

Discus and support What Event IDs are Enabled by Default? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DillonTheVillain, May 25, 2023.

1. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to query them in PowerShell on a brand new image?Thank you.

:)

DillonTheVillain, May 25, 2023
  2. SoHa2 Win User

how to enable specific event id in security.evtx

How to enable an Event ID which is not enabled by default in Security.evtx

SoHa2, May 25, 2023
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them What Event IDs are Enabled by Default? :)

Eagle51, May 25, 2023
  4. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

What Event IDs are Enabled by Default? 256765d1574802134t-event-id-10016-clsid-appid-error.png

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, May 25, 2023
Thema:

What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

1. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default? - Similar Threads - Event IDs are

2. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?: I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to query them in PowerShell on a brand new image?Thank you....
  3. What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Event IDs are Enabled by Default?: I'm trying to figure out what Event IDs are enabled by default for Windows 10 and Windows 11 devices. Is there a list of these or is it possible to query them in PowerShell on a brand new image?Thank you....
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  5. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  6. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how to enable specific event id in security.evtx

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable specific event id in security.evtx: How to enable an Event ID which is not enabled by default in Security.evtx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-specific-event-id-in-securityevtx/b4ef0f35-9324-4cea-81f9-45f9569b1afb
  8. how to enable specific event id in security.evtx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable specific event id in security.evtx: How to enable an Event ID which is not enabled by default in Security.evtx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-specific-event-id-in-securityevtx/b4ef0f35-9324-4cea-81f9-45f9569b1afb
  9. how to enable specific event id in security.evtx

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. WHAT IS THE EVENT ID 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT IS THE EVENT ID 7: HEY, I AM USING WINDOWS 7 PRO & WINDOWS 10 PRO, MY SYSTEM SHOWING EVENT ID 7 IN EVENT SOURCE DISK,HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN HARD DISK (EVENT ID 7). AND HOW TO SOLVE THIS? PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS...