Windows 10: What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

Discus and support What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/happypuppy100, Sep 26, 2020.

1. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about?

submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/happypuppy100, Sep 26, 2020

2. restrict background data

I have a Lumia 640XL LTE Windows phones. I cannot get "restrict background data" "always" to stay on. Also "restrict background data while roaming will not stay on as well. Why not?

JoanneBirce, Sep 26, 2020
  3. snap Win User
    Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage.

Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never.

I changed this to "Always", close the settings, and reopened the settings.

It always switches back to "Never".

Why can't I change this?

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... [​IMG]

PS - I'd really like to easily control what software can talk to the internet. I opened Atom text editor and it auto downloaded a 160MB update. Someone uploaded files to a shared Google Drive folder and it downloaded 500MB of files.

4. LoganUH Win User

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

Data Usage App Crashes when trying to disable background data

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... d8bcf353-3cdb-463d-9912-1bcad8d2973e.png

I have the Lumia 950 dual SIM, and whenever I attempt to modify the settings for either of the "Restrict Background Data", the data usage app crashes and does not reflect any changes made. I would like to change the "never" under restrict background data
    to "when I'm near my limit", because it appears that "system" is using up more than half of my data in the background, forcing me to turn data off entirely.

LoganUH, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

1. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... - Similar Threads - exact data does

2. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...: In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by...
  3. Wifi data limit

Wifi data limit: I setup a wifi data limit and when it's reached a notification is sended to me. Can I disable wifi automatically instead? submitted by /u/Geekest07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv3gwv/wifi_data_limit/
  4. Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background.: What is the best setting? Limit what store apps and windows features can do in the background. Always or never? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-setting-limit-what-store-apps-and-windows/dfbbce9e-59c5-487c-b80c-a8d5b870fada
  5. see what is using data

see what is using data: Hi i have bridge my two nic cars so i have want to see what is using up so much data. i have a lot of devices [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/see-what-is-using-data/8190c584-7ba4-4939-9ffe-7e70a8a897bb
  6. What does this mean exactly?

What does this mean exactly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/matthwhz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e77e5p/what_does_this_mean_exactly/
  7. What the devil is mstf data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What the devil is mstf data?: When scrolling through my internal drives on a live partitioning disc, I noticed that both of my internal storage-only hard drives had their main partitions clipped off from the beginning with some sort of dark, unidentifiable partition with Microsoft's name on it, regardless...
  8. What exactly does Backup do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What exactly does Backup do?: I am puzzled by the term backup when you go to Settings > Backup. I have a folder on my NAS defined as my backup drive. I have set the time interval to every ten minutes until I am sure of what is being backed up. Does the backup process store MY files as opposed to WIN...
  9. Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?: I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage. Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never....
  10. What exactly does akamai.net download?

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly does akamai.net download?: Been keeping an eye on my bandwidth usage through my Asus RT-AC69P router after going over last month. Yesterday shows "akamai.net" downloaded 4.5GB of data on my Windows 10 PC but I have no clue what it downloaded. What exactly is akamai for on Windows? What could it...