Windows 10: What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

Discus and support What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/happypuppy100, Sep 26, 2020.

1. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about?

submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/happypuppy100, Sep 26, 2020

2. restrict background data

I have a Lumia 640XL LTE Windows phones. I cannot get "restrict background data" "always" to stay on. Also "restrict background data while roaming will not stay on as well. Why not?

JoanneBirce, Sep 26, 2020
  3. snap Win User
    Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage.

Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never.

I changed this to "Always", close the settings, and reopened the settings.

It always switches back to "Never".

Why can't I change this?

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... [​IMG]

PS - I'd really like to easily control what software can talk to the internet. I opened Atom text editor and it auto downloaded a 160MB update. Someone uploaded files to a shared Google Drive folder and it downloaded 500MB of files.

4. LoganUH Win User

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

Data Usage App Crashes when trying to disable background data

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... d8bcf353-3cdb-463d-9912-1bcad8d2973e.png

I have the Lumia 950 dual SIM, and whenever I attempt to modify the settings for either of the "Restrict Background Data", the data usage app crashes and does not reflect any changes made. I would like to change the "never" under restrict background data
    to "when I'm near my limit", because it appears that "system" is using up more than half of my data in the background, forcing me to turn data off entirely.

LoganUH, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

1. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows... - Similar Threads - exact data does

2. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the default data limit on Win 10?: I was having issues with my upload speed, read something about changing the data usage so I changed it to unlimited, I still an having serious issues with everything but want to set the data limit at what it originally was, but don't remember. I'm not even sure what the limit...
  3. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the default data limit on Win 10?: I was having issues with my upload speed, read something about changing the data usage so I changed it to unlimited, I still an having serious issues with everything but want to set the data limit at what it originally was, but don't remember. I'm not even sure what the limit...
  4. What is the default data limit on Win 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?: What do I have to do to prevent this pig of a system to NOT download 10Mb every ten minutes when I'm on a chat board? I don't game, I don't watch videos, I go to chat boards. I've blocked as much spyware as I can and the pig is eating up my 6Gb allowance where on W8.1, it...
  6. Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?

Data hog. What, exactly, is it loading?: What do I have to do to prevent this pig of a system to NOT download 10Mb every ten minutes when I'm on a chat board? I don't game, I don't watch videos, I go to chat boards. I've blocked as much spyware as I can and the pig is eating up my 6Gb allowance where on W8.1, it...
  7. Windows space does not match with what my data is

Windows space does not match with what my data is: Basic info!When I do Ctrl a and do properties it shows 86.5 gb used When I check in properties it shows that I have used 156 gbSize on disk is too 86 ghAll of this stuff was done prior and made no differenceFirstly, took admin rights even though I had them.2. Enabled hidden...
  8. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...: In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by...
  9. What does this mean exactly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean exactly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/matthwhz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e77e5p/what_does_this_mean_exactly/
  10. Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?: I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage. Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never....