Windows 10: What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?

Discus and support What exactly are virtual OSs worth having? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So many threads on IP's regurgitating that VM's not working in preview releases. With modern ability to create images easily available then why use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fabler2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Fabler2 Win User

What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?

So many threads on IP's regurgitating that VM's not working in preview releases. With modern ability to create images easily available then why use VM's? For my ignorance's sake I would be much enlightened why, in today's tech, you need to use a virtual OS ?
    Just a thought.

:)

Fabler2, Mar 1, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Mar 1, 2019
  3. mab1376 Win User
    OSS now supports X-FI!!!

i can't get OSS installed on hardy..

i get this..

what do i do? any suggestions?

mab1376, Mar 1, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. What exactly are virtual OSs worth having? - Similar Threads - exactly are virtual

2. Is It Worth It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is It Worth It?: so, im a student, and i only have one machine which is my laptop, which is decent in performance, and has too much RAM (16 gigs), and in my previous machine, i was an insider, and so i would like to find out if it is worth it being an insider for windows 10, and if so, then...
  3. What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?: I did a Google search and the explanations were esoteric to me. Are repairs to the hard drive done and are the repairs permanent? 131780
  4. 2 Extensions Worth Having!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Extensions Worth Having!: When it comes to Extensions for Edge, there are heaps of good ones, but, especially, want to mention (Read: recommend) these ⬇ 2, AdBlocker Ultimate and Mouse Gestures Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  5. What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    What exactly are virtual OSs worth having?: So many threads on IP's regurgitating that VM's not working in preview releases. With modern ability to create images easily available then why use VM's? For my ignorance's sake I would be much enlightened why, in today's tech, you need to use a virtual OS ? Just a thought....
  6. Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Reality Headset ..... worth it ?: For a good, no BS VR, it can be quite expensive. The one I have in mind is ……..Oculus Go Standalone Virtual Reality Headset – 64GB And that is the cheapest one, around $300 CDN. MY question is : Is it worth it ? Yes, I have "playing games" in mind. I bet the pure gamers...
  7. whats virtualization and what does it do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    whats virtualization and what does it do?: hi I just enabled virtualization in my bios settings for my notebook because I was experimenting with a feature I was aware the pc had but never used it,but core isolation settings in windows security says its can't be enabled because something might be incompatable,i...
  8. What exactly does Backup do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What exactly does Backup do?: I am puzzled by the term backup when you go to Settings > Backup. I have a folder on my NAS defined as my backup drive. I have set the time interval to every ten minutes until I am sure of what is being backed up. Does the backup process store MY files as opposed to WIN...
  9. SSD worth it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD worth it?: I've had most types of hardware over the years but never had an SSD. Considering changing over now but unsure if worth the cost. Would be going with a 1 TB drive, either Samsung, Mushkin, or SanDisk. I have various software that should be able to do the move already so that...
  10. What exactly does akamai.net download?

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly does akamai.net download?: Been keeping an eye on my bandwidth usage through my Asus RT-AC69P router after going over last month. Yesterday shows "akamai.net" downloaded 4.5GB of data on my Windows 10 PC but I have no clue what it downloaded. What exactly is akamai for on Windows? What could it...