Windows 10: What exactly does Activity History collect?

Discus and support What exactly does Activity History collect? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sure everyone here already know that Windows 10 logs the things we do in Activity History for the Timeline. I've read on this thread that it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ExtensionGo, Jan 30, 2020.

1. What exactly does Activity History collect?

I'm sure everyone here already know that Windows 10 logs the things we do in Activity History for the Timeline. I've read on this thread that it will continue to do so even if you choose to disable this feature. That reddit thread by u/a_potato_is_missing, ended up getting linked to a number of online news outlets.

So this is what I'd like to know:

1) It's been a year since that thread, has Microsoft done anything to address this or is our activity still being quietly logged without our knowledge?

2) What sort of information gets collected and how detailed is it? For example, will they be able to read my documents or see what movies I've watched or games I've played?

3) Will they still log our activity with Activity History, Cortana, etc. if we unlink our computers from a Microsoft Account?

4) How often does Windows 10 gather information from us and can we opt out of it in the settings?

submitted by /u/ExtensionGo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ExtensionGo, Jan 30, 2020

2. error 102_104 with microsoft solitaire collection

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• When exactly do you receive this error?
    • Are you able to open Microsoft Solitaire Collection?
    • Did you install all pending Windows updates?

For now I would suggest you to perform the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Microsoft Solitaire Collection for Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 30, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 30, 2020
  4. GaryBetty Win User

What exactly does Activity History collect?

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

What exactly does Activity History collect?

1. What exactly does Activity History collect? - Similar Threads - exactly does Activity

2. What exactly does PlayReady® do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly does PlayReady® do?: Hey!Kind of weird question, but I wanted to know what does one get from installing it? How it benefits the end-user; does it block certain features, etc.?I remember having it as an option in the past that came with Windows Media Center, so my question is just a simple...
  3. What exactly does Reset this PC do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly does Reset this PC do?: I had to change my SSD drive, which was under warranty. So I had to give my old drive to the technician who had come to swap out the SSD drive for a new one. Before that, I had initiated a "Reset this PC" process so that all my data is erased and difficult to recover. I chose...
  4. What does this mean exactly and how to fix it...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean exactly and how to fix it...?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jukupatka [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8j1y3/what_does_this_mean_exactly_and_how_to_fix_it/
  5. What does Microsoft do with the activity history?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does Microsoft do with the activity history?: I just turned on 'send my activity history to Microsoft' to use the 30 day timeline feature, I'm surprised to find that all of my actions from the last 30 days popped up in the timeline instantly, doesn't this mean that my activity history is stored anyways and Microsoft is...
  6. What does this mean exactly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean exactly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/matthwhz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e77e5p/what_does_this_mean_exactly/
  7. What exactly does Backup do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What exactly does Backup do?: I am puzzled by the term backup when you go to Settings > Backup. I have a folder on my NAS defined as my backup drive. I have set the time interval to every ten minutes until I am sure of what is being backed up. Does the backup process store MY files as opposed to WIN...
  8. Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Collect Activity History in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with...
  9. What exactly does akamai.net download?

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly does akamai.net download?: Been keeping an eye on my bandwidth usage through my Asus RT-AC69P router after going over last month. Yesterday shows "akamai.net" downloaded 4.5GB of data on my Windows 10 PC but I have no clue what it downloaded. What exactly is akamai for on Windows? What could it...
  10. Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Collect Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Collect Activity History for Timeline in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17040, Microsoft added settings that let you to view and manage your activity history....