Windows 10: What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?

Discus and support What exactly does "update and shutdown" do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to know what update and shutdown does.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XxMythicalKidXx, Jun 19, 2019.

1. What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?

I want to know what update and shutdown does.

:)

XxMythicalKidXx, Jun 19, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Shutdown -i says access denied.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "shutdown -I", how exactly have you shutdown the computer? Have you tried to shutdown the computer by typing command "shutdown -I" in the command prompt?
    • Have you tried to shutdown using power button in the Start Menu?

I suggest you to try to shutdown the computer by following below steps and check if the same issue occurs or not.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Power button and then click on Shut down.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 19, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What exactly does "update and shutdown" do? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?

1. What exactly does "update and shutdown" do? - Similar Threads - exactly does update

2. What exactly does 'Hardware Reserved" memory do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly does 'Hardware Reserved" memory do?: Hi,I know it's a memory allocated for the BIOS and some drivers, but know can I see what's stored in there; can we manipulate this memory--increase, decrease, set are own preferences?...
  3. What exactly does 'Hardware Reserved" memory do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly does 'Hardware Reserved" memory do?: Hi,I know it's a memory allocated for the BIOS and some drivers, but know can I see what's stored in there; can we manipulate this memory--increase, decrease, set are own preferences?...
  4. What exactly does PlayReady® do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly does PlayReady® do?: Hey!Kind of weird question, but I wanted to know what does one get from installing it? How it benefits the end-user; does it block certain features, etc.?I remember having it as an option in the past that came with Windows Media Center, so my question is just a simple...
  5. What exactly does PlayReady® do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly does PlayReady® do?: Hey!Kind of weird question, but I wanted to know what does one get from installing it? How it benefits the end-user; does it block certain features, etc.?I remember having it as an option in the past that came with Windows Media Center, so my question is just a simple...
  6. What exactly does Reset this PC do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly does Reset this PC do?: I had to change my SSD drive, which was under warranty. So I had to give my old drive to the technician who had come to swap out the SSD drive for a new one. Before that, I had initiated a "Reset this PC" process so that all my data is erased and difficult to recover. I chose...
  7. What does this mean exactly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean exactly?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/matthwhz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e77e5p/what_does_this_mean_exactly/
  8. What exactly do they mean?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What exactly do they mean?: When doing a windows update, I get the following message: The Windows 10 May 2019 Update is on its way. We're offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn't quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you'll see the update available on this page. There's...
  9. What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does "chkdsk c: /b" exactly do?: I did a Google search and the explanations were esoteric to me. Are repairs to the hard drive done and are the repairs permanent? 131780
  10. What exactly does Backup do?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What exactly does Backup do?: I am puzzled by the term backup when you go to Settings > Backup. I have a folder on my NAS defined as my backup drive. I have set the time interval to every ten minutes until I am sure of what is being backed up. Does the backup process store MY files as opposed to WIN...