Windows 10: What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

Discus and support What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbhishekMane1, Jan 22, 2022.

1. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu alongside windows boot manager.So what exactly ubuntu do this in case means how much space it get for himself or from where ?I have two diskdisk 0 Hdd 1Tbdisk 1 Ssd 240 Gb Windows installedMy disk space

:)

AbhishekMane1, Jan 22, 2022
  2. alexF998 Win User

Ubuntu 14.04/Windows 10 Dual-Boot problems

Completely new to Linux. I tried installing Ubuntu with Windows 10 choosing the installation option for Ubuntu to dual-boot alongside Windows Boot Manager. The installation ran smoothly and I restarted my computer. It restarted and booted Windows 10. I
    tried many times at it still kept booting up Windows. I also tried Boot-Repair and doing a fresh reinstall. Nothing works. When I start-up my computer, it says 'Reboot and select proper boot device.' The only way i can use my computer is if I boot a LiveCD
    and choose the 'Try Ubuntu' option. How do I get my computer to boot Windows/Ubuntu?

Boot-info:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12068275

http://paste.ubuntu.com/12068489

alexF998, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Agriz Win User
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

Hi

I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows.

It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu.

What settings do i need to unlock?

After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux.

Agriz, Jan 22, 2022
  4. ScrMj Win User

What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

Installing Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu?

I have already made a reservation for Windows 10, but I'm wondering what'll happen to other partitions when it's time to install Windows 10?

I am currently dual-booting Windows 8.1 and Ubuntu 14.04 through GRUB2, and I fear the installation of Windows 10 may wipe Ubuntu's partitions (I have Ubuntu installed through multiple partitions) and/or render it unbootable. I already expect the installation
    to wipe or replace GRUB2 to make Windows 10 boot by default, but I'm pretty sure that's fixable. However, I don't want it to delete Ubuntu as a whole, since I still need to use it for work, etc.

I'm already making backups of everything I need from Ubuntu in case anything goes wrong, but I still need to ask. How will the installation work on a machine dual-booting Windows and Ubuntu?

ScrMj, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

1. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows... - Similar Threads - exactly happen dual

2. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...: I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu alongside windows boot manager.So what exactly ubuntu do this in case means how much space it get for himself or from where ?I have...
  3. What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What exactly happen if in dual boot I choose the option ` install ubuntu alongside windows...: I am making dual boot by installing ubuntu on windows 10. Every process I follow ask to choose something else option rather than install ubuntu alongside windows boot manager.So what exactly ubuntu do this in case means how much space it get for himself or from where ?I have...
  4. my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my windows 10 is not booting after installing ubuntu alongside: hellofew days ago I tried to install ubuntu in my legacy bios laptop. but I failed to install. then I saw a youtube video and had installed successfully ubuntu only after deleting EFI folder from LiveUsb. But after completing the installation of ubuntu, my windows 10 is not...
  5. How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...

How to install Windows 7 alongside an already existing Windows 10 and Ubuntu dual boot...: I have Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 installed in a dual boot configuration on my PC, and when I boot it up, GNU Grub v2.02 pops up asking me which of the 2 operating system I want to go in with some other options such as memtest86, is there any way I can add to that list a...
  6. Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu

Install Windows 10 alongside Ubuntu: I want to install Windows 10 on my pc that I'm currently running ubuntu on. In the past when I attempted to install windows and ubuntu, it erased all of my linux partitions in the process. How do I prevent Windows from accessing, erasing, or modifying these partitions during...
  7. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175. I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it...
  8. Dual booting alongside windows

Dual booting alongside windows: Hello I am trying to install Prime OS an android operating system along side my windows 10 but I keep getting an error. I don't have a usb or disc so I'm using the .exe installer instead of the iso. This is the error I get every time I try installing it.[ATTACH]...
  9. Installing Ubuntu alongside windows

Installing Ubuntu alongside windows: I have an HP laptop in which genuine win 10 home installed on ssd . I want to install ubuntu on my hdd. Will doing so void my windows license or device warranty? Is it recommended ro install other OS alongside genuine windows?...
  10. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...