Windows 10: what exactly happens during the first time setup

Discus and support what exactly happens during the first time setup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i am currently on windows 10 build 1809. it has .net frameworks 4.8.3. the c++ redistributables that i have are 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2017.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cns00, Dec 3, 2019.

1. cns00 Win User

what exactly happens during the first time setup

i am currently on windows 10 build 1809. it has .net frameworks 4.8.3. the c++ redistributables that i have are 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013 and 2017. i have directx 12

i am using steam to download games. when i download some games they will download redistributable files like .net framework setup files, directx setup files and c++ redistributable setup files. when i run a game after it finishes downloading then it does something called first time setup and it tries to install those files during the first time setup

one game came with the setup file for .net frameworks 4.6.2. another game comes with .net frameworks 4.5.2, c++ 2008 2010 2012 2013 and some june 2010 directx files. if i try to run those setup files directly without running the game then it will take some time to install. however, if the game tries to install those setup files then it only takes around half a minute and then the game will launch

what exactly will happen during the first time setup of games when it tries to install older versions of .net frameworks, older version of directx and c++ redistrubutables that i already have? does windows tell the game to abort the setup of those programs?

:)

cns00, Dec 3, 2019
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 3, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Modern setup host

Hi Hermie,

Regarding your concern with the deleted Modern Setup Host file, we’d like to ask the following questions so we can isolate it at the same time:

• What particular action that you’re trying to perform at the time that it was accidentally deleted.?
    • May we know where and how it was deleted on your computer?
    • Were you able to check if the deleted file can be found in the
      Recycle bin?

As an initial step, we suggest that perform a DISM command. This will help repairing possible system file corruptions. Follow these steps:

• Type command in the search box.
    • Right-click on the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • Press Enter.
    • Close the Command Prompt windows and check if changes were made related to the Modern Setup Host file.

We'll wait for your update after trying the steps.

Louie Del, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

1. what exactly happens during the first time setup - Similar Threads - exactly happens during

2. Unsure what happen during backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unsure what happen during backup: Windows 10 computer. Installed a new sata hard drive as a second drive for data back up. I started to drag my files and folders off my C drive to the F drive but it appears to be going on my C drive which is now 90% full. A few files did go to the f drive. I thought I was...
  3. First time setup .net framework... Repeats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time setup .net framework... Repeats: Everytime I load into my smite game it says "Preparing first time setup" installing .net framework 1 of 1. I have all my .net frameworks installed and up to date. Also sometimes it let's me on to smite I can play fine. Log off and can instantly try to log back on and I get...
  4. First time setup .net framework... Repeats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time setup .net framework... Repeats: Everytime I load into my smite game it says "Preparing first time setup" installing .net framework 1 of 1. I have all my .net frameworks installed and up to date. Also sometimes it let's me on to smite I can play fine. Log off and can instantly try to log back on and I get...
  5. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  6. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First time setup for new computer not working: Hello I am trying to finish the windows 10 install on my Son's new computer and after going through the first section i get to the first login to the computer where its asks me to have a "Parent" confirm the account but i keep getting an error when i accept this from my...
  7. First time setup for new computer not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Win10 time zone during setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 time zone during setup?: One of my annoyance with installing Win10 is that there is no time zone setup. Is there anyway to add like a script into the Windows installation to bring up time zone setting or automatically add my local time zone? I know there are answer files for this, but I don’t want...
  9. I wish it was the first time that this happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I wish it was the first time that this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redditForSoccer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egvpez/i_wish_it_was_the_first_time_that_this_happened/
  10. stuck on windows 10 first time setup

in Windows 10 Support
    stuck on windows 10 first time setup: hi I recieved a new desktop pc today (hp envy pheonix) I started the first time setup with windows 10 and reached the point where I had to put my email and password in, which I did. It took me to a blue screen which say "Oops something went wrong" There is no back button on...