Windows 10: What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk

Discus and support What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new 500 GB SSD.I used EasyUS partition magager to make it GPT and then created 4 partitions 80+80+130+130 plus I saw that there was a small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VSRawat, Aug 15, 2021.

1. VSRawat Win User

What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk

I bought a new 500 GB SSD.I used EasyUS partition magager to make it GPT and then created 4 partitions 80+80+130+130 plus I saw that there was a small partition, some 300 MB at the start of the disk.Then I went to install W8.1 on it, but that said "partitions are not in correct order". Though it could proceed, I wanted that error to be removed.I searched on net, and used DISKPART to clean that ssd, and went again to install W8.1 on that clean, empty disk. It duly installed W8.1 creating required partition, and "didn't" give the "partitions are not in correct order" message.Then I went to ins

:)

VSRawat, Aug 15, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Its been asked before:
    Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk [​IMG]

So I went to do a clean install (after a writing zeros to my old hard drive which I am using to test before swapping out my 850 250GB for a 860 1TB). Before I try to install windows 10 I change from CSM to UEFI in the bios and disable SATA channels to my other hard drives which I don't want to be littered with sneaky files required to boot (it's happened before).

I changed my old hard drive WD-EACS from MBR to GPT using disk management in administrative tools. However now with a clean drive and setting a max size for the operating system partition I am told that windows does not like the way it partitioned my hard drive.

My iso is named MediaCreationTool1909, since NTlite had this number in the bottom right of its interface (I added some specific drivers and edited components/options).

In the disk management screen on disk 1 you can see unallocated space. I deleted the partitions before taking a screenshot (my bad). I tried to install from a clean hard drive, and create 2 partitions with the windows installer (OS and games).

sgtsixpack, Aug 15, 2021
  3. cereberus Win User

The partition order is not relevant.

Do yu have two disks installed as the image you show only shows one partition with D drive.

Post image of other drives as well.

cereberus, Aug 15, 2021
  4. What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk

Windows 10 Pro
    Biostar TZ77XE4

I have been able to "successfully" boot the CD Drive into UEFI mode to install Windows 10 onto my new 4TB SSHD, but I run into the error were it stats that the partitions are not in the recommended order, when the ONLY partitions on the disk are the primary and the "protective MBR" before it at slot 0.

Now, when I am in windows for the first time everything seems fine, but as soon as I restart after doing basic setup, I run into an issue where I cannot browse any partitions (I try to open "This PC", but it acts like it is indexing indefinitely and I never see the drive listing).

It looks like Windows 10 may not be appropriately setting the order for the partitions. I included a screenshot of the setup below.

Is this incorrect? How would I be able to correct the issue?

At the moment I left my original installation on my 1TB HHD intact, so that I can still have an operating PC, and find out some info on this.

I literally never heard of GPT (or at least remember it) before a couple days ago.

TheColdOne, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk

1. What exactly is the correct order of partitions in GPT disk - Similar Threads - exactly correct order

2. Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation: I want to add a second installation of WIN 10 to my laptop with dual boot. I’ve made a new partition and created a USB installation drive with the MediaCreationTool. When I go to instal, I select the new partition, but get the following message: "The Partitions on the disk...
  3. Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation: I’ve made a new partition and created a USB installation drive with the MediaCreationTool. When I go to instal, I select the new partition, but get the following message: "The Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order. For additional information about installing to...
  4. Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order when attempting dual boot installation: I’ve made a new partition and created a USB installation drive with the MediaCreationTool. When I go to instal, I select the new partition, but get the following message: "The Partitions on the disk are not in the correct order. For additional information about installing to...
  5. need help with GPT partitions order and Windows install

need help with GPT partitions order and Windows install: Hello to everyone: I have a question dealing with gpt / uefi and windows install, So I have a new ssd drive, and I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 using UEFI, so I can install windows 11, which at this point seems to be more trouble than it is worth, I am using...
  6. need help with GPT partitions order and Windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with GPT partitions order and Windows install: Hello to everyone: I have a question dealing with gpt / uefi and windows install, So I have a new ssd drive, and I am trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 using UEFI, so I can install windows 11, which at this point seems to be more trouble than it is worth, I am using...
  7. Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?: Its been asked before: Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? [img] [img] [img] So I went to do a clean install (after a writing zeros to my old hard drive which I am using to test before swapping out my 850 250GB for a 860 1TB). Before I...
  8. installing GPT disks in the right order

installing GPT disks in the right order: How do I install the GPT partitions in the right order? I am trying to install Windows 10 Pro. I keep getting the message that I am trying to install in the wrong order....
  9. Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?: Windows 10 Pro Biostar TZ77XE4 I have been able to "successfully" boot the CD Drive into UEFI mode to install Windows 10 onto my new 4TB SSHD, but I run into the error were it stats that the partitions are not in the recommended order, when the ONLY partitions on the disk...
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...