Windows 10: What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store?

Discus and support What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I bought a WiFi analysis app which has not been updated in over 4 years. Link is https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH20FR1. It does not... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by metamemelord, Feb 9, 2021.

1. What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store?

I bought a WiFi analysis app which has not been updated in over 4 years. Link is https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NBLGGH20FR1. It does not recognize my device since it's WiFi6 and is practically useless for me. On the store there was no option of "Try before buy" or "Trial", hence I was forced to buy it. Right after I bought the app and realizing that this is a useless app, I went to order history in my Microsoft account and it did not have the refund button.

I am not able to understand a few things:

• Why a trial before buy is not given on Microsoft Store?
    • Does Microsoft not monitor if the app is being continuously updated and is usable so that developer is not running any scam-fest via the Microsoft Store?
    • If a customer actually falls prey to such developers who don't update and keep selling their crappy old apps, should the customer not be given a refund? This is a digital asset and unlike a product key, this is not a sharable product that I can distribute at all. Why has this app not been kept refundable?

Also, I am not able to find a contact email of Microsoft Store, please help with this as well.

:)

metamemelord, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Refund for an application bought on Microsoft Store

Hi,

Most apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books purchased in the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 or Xbox One are non-refundable unless the offer or applicable law states that you’re eligible for a refund. Should you have other questions and clarifications,
    we suggest that you contact our
    Microsoft Support
    team.

For detailed information about the return and refund policy, see
    Microsoft Terms of Sale.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Feb 9, 2021
  3. xXCrossx Win User
    Refund Policy

The refund policy is actually garbage, my close friend Corben bought **** Minecraft, the game he didn't want, and doesn't want to play, he bought it from the Microsoft store, and immediately tried to get a refund, b ut as far as I can tell he can't, what's
    the reasoning behind this, the game is digital and can be easily refunded for 0 cost to both parties.

If anyone can help him get a refund for the product he didn't want that'd be great, thanks.

xXCrossx, Feb 9, 2021
  4. What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store?

Syed Ali Zamin Shah, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store?

1. What exactly is the refund policy at Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - exactly refund policy

2. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  3. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store purchase - refund: Dear Microsoft!Today I've bought a premium currency and I didn't receive it. I discovered that I have connected different account and I didn't receive currency to my sea of thieves account. Can I get a refund?...
  4. Microsoft store purchase - refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft Store policy

Microsoft Store policy: So the Microsoft Store app on my computer wouldn't open and was "Blocked by an administrator." I tried several ways to solve this, from trying to uninstall and reinstall the app which the same policies are preventing me from reinstalling, using PowerShell, using wsreset.exe,...
  6. What exactly is this dareprobe domain doing for microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What exactly is this dareprobe domain doing for microsoft?: I've been trying to get answers for this domain dareprobe which belongs to microsoft office and the community moderator or the administrator seems to be dodging the question that i posted in this thread?Is there anyone that can show some light to this...
  7. Refund of Microsoft Store purchase

Refund of Microsoft Store purchase: I recently paid for a yearly subscription for a VPN on accident when I was attempting to just get the 7-day free trial this was already a real hit to the gut as it cost me $85 which I really did not have to spend, but then the app didn't even recognise I had its premium and...
  8. Refund policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refund policy: I need a refund for the Touchable pro app which I purchased from the Microsoft store a few hours ago 5/16/2020. I am on windows 10 home addition. There was a loading issue and I couldn't use it. There doesn't seem to be a link for inquiries....
  9. Refund Policy

Refund Policy: The refund policy is actually garbage, my close friend Corben bought **** Minecraft, the game he didn't want, and doesn't want to play, he bought it from the Microsoft store, and immediately tried to get a refund, b ut as far as I can tell he can't, what's the reasoning...
  10. Microsoft Store Refund required

Microsoft Store Refund required: Hi, Dell 5570 Win 10 Home installed as prebuilt system. Use online option link to MS Store Upgrade to Win 10 Pro. Order went through, correct Win 10 Pro & price. Can't activate, none of the online Activation Troubleshoot options work. System currently says Windows 10...