Windows 10: What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

Discus and support What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dynorton [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dynorton, Jan 14, 2020.

1. What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

/u/Dynorton, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 14, 2020
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option?

1. What exactly will be deleted if i select the "Keep personal files only" option? - Similar Threads - exactly deleted select

2. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  3. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?: When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-selecting-the-keep-my-files-option-will-my/1fd278a7-ac68-4825-96a1-1773bc3ef4f6
  4. When selecting the keep my files option, will my personal data be erased?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  6. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...: I went through the installer process for Windows 11 as usual with no issues currently on Win 10 19043.1165. However, when it reaches the Windows 11 Setup process on the "Choose What to Keep" screen, the "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options are...
  7. "Keep Personal Files and Apps" and "Keep Personal Files Only" options greyed out during...

8. What exactly are personal files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What exactly are personal files?: I have to reset my pc as it is not working, I have been wondering what exactly "Personal Files" are. If something is on the D: Drive, is it automatically considered a "personal file" or are personal files, files the user added, no matter if they are on C: or D?...
  9. Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep Personal Files Only; what will be kep?: Hello guys, I am trying to install Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 machine. But due to the laptop being bought in Japan back when I was there, it gives an error stating I cannot keep files app etc. due to different language and it only gives me the option of Keep Personal Files...
  10. Keep personal files only

Keep personal files only: Hello, Recently i tried downloading windows 10 when 2 options popped up 1. keep personal files only, and 2. is nothing. well i wanna choose the keep personal files only. but i wanna know if it will delete all of my games, ty for the ones who help. *Cool 30146