Windows 10: What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?

Discus and support What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently acquired a Windows 10 laptop with only 32G of SSD memory, so I am trying to free up as much space as possible. I can't get any definitive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by manic_biker, Oct 9, 2019.

1. What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?

I recently acquired a Windows 10 laptop with only 32G of SSD memory, so I am trying to free up as much space as possible. I can't get any definitive search results for what files I can safely move to an external drive. I have already gained 3G of space by various methods (disk cleanup, partioning, hibernation off, etc. I have a LAN with plenty of available storage. How can I exploit it, please?

:)

manic_biker, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 9, 2019
  3. JanaDyck Win User
    move files from my C drive to an external hard drive.

what steps do I take to move files from my C drive to an external hard drive. My C drive is almost full.

JanaDyck, Oct 9, 2019
  4. What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?

how to move, not copy files to usb drive

Connect your USB drive.

Open each folder where you have files.

Press Control + A or click Select All under the 'Home' tab.

Under Home tab, click Move to

Click Choose location

Scroll down, select your USB drive

Click Move

Repeat this step for the other folders.

or

You can open the USB drive, then drag and drop from the folders into the drive.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?

1. What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive? - Similar Threads - files safely moved

2. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  3. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?: Hi,I want to move some file from C drive to D drive.The files I have in C drive are Drivers, IREPSSigner, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Filesx86, Tally.ERP6,Users, Windows.What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?...
  4. What are the files that should be moved to drive D from drive C ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What files can i move from C to D drive?

What files can i move from C to D drive?: I am a student and not aware of technical aspect. I dont know but the laptop has 2 drives. A C drive with 2GB space and a D drive with 111G space. I was downloading required program as usual until my computer started saying storage full. Due to which this laptop is not...
  6. What files can i move from C to D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What files can i move from C to D drive?: I am a student and not aware of technical aspect. I dont know but the laptop has 2 drives. A C drive with 2GB space and a D drive with 111G space. I was downloading required program as usual until my computer started saying storage full. Due to which this laptop is not...
  7. What files can i move from C to D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to safely move space from one drive to the C drive?: .,. submitted by /u/Vision919 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6whec/how_to_safely_move_space_from_one_drive_to_the_c/
  9. What to move from C drive to D drive

What to move from C drive to D drive: Hi, I have a laptop with a 118GB SSD C drive and a 920GB HDD D drive. I have only a few megabytes of space left on my C drive so I need to start moving things from my C drive to my D drive to free up space. However, I have no idea what I can move to the D drive. I already...
  10. Files moved from C: drive to external drive

Files moved from C: drive to external drive: H! My 13-year-old decided to make space on the computer by dragging files from the c: drive to an external drive. Now all the file paths are messed up. I don't know what he moved from where exactly and I don't want to just drag things back and make things worse. We are not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what windows files can be moved