Windows 10: What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!

Discus and support What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Note: "uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it's a wide-spectrum content blocker." I am looking for some filters blocking cookie notices, coinminers,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TairikuOkami, Feb 13, 2021.

1. What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!

Note: "uBlock Origin is not an "ad blocker", it's a wide-spectrum content blocker."

I am looking for some filters blocking cookie notices, coinminers, malware and trackers.
    I use Quad9 DNS, so a lot is already blocked by it, but an additional help would not hurt.

I stopped using CleanBrowsing DNS, so I block adult sites via this extension.
    Even if it does not block a webpage, it blocks displaying images/videos on it.

I know https://filterlists.com but there are literally thousands filters, so it is hard to pick a good one.

For the record, I do not block ADs. I have even allowed ADs and redirects blocked by default within browsers.

:)

TairikuOkami, Feb 13, 2021

2. Politifact Sees Unsactioned Introduction of Web Miner, Vows to Investigate

if you're using ad block plus or ublock origin you can block these web based miners by adding the "no coin" filter list: Known Adblock Plus subscriptions

GenericAMDFan, Feb 13, 2021
  3. uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com

uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com when I was connecting to
    RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History
    RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History New Arena
    --- I selected temporarily for now

If I see anything about taboola again, should I select permanently instead of temporarily?

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 13, 2021
  4. What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!

Politifact Sees Unsactioned Introduction of Web Miner, Vows to Investigate

Thanks, not giving toy money and paying more electricity.

Chloe Price, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking!

1. What filters for uBlock Origin do you suggest? NOT for AD blocking! - Similar Threads - filters uBlock Origin

2. What is Junk filter and how do you do it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Junk filter and how do you do it ?: What is Junk filter and how is it done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-junk-filter-and-how-do-you-do-it/0c0ba998-a8fe-4940-a017-e29a97fd2fbf
  3. What is Junk filter and how do you do it ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Junk filter and how do you do it ?: What is Junk filter and how is it done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-junk-filter-and-how-do-you-do-it/0c0ba998-a8fe-4940-a017-e29a97fd2fbf
  4. How do you reset a file to what it originally opened with?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you reset a file to what it originally opened with?: so I was messing around with some files and accidentally changed a GMPU file to HTML file and am not sure how to fix it, the only problem is I don't know where the original file was located, if anyone can a: tell me where I can find the Java file. b: tell me how to reset it...
  5. You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You tell me what it is? Original Windows ?: Is this the original Windows? What do I need to notice if I want to understand the original Windows? Please mark me [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-tell-me-what-it-is-original-windows/57ad6772-24b9-4fd5-9939-12282bd3b651
  6. How do I block ads?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I block ads?: Someone recommended Firefox. I don't want to change from Edge. I am tired of this one advertiser who keeps distracting me with moving information and there is never an X in the upper right corner. I contacted the advertiser and haven't heard anything. You'd think they'd want...
  7. What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you suggest as a good REGISTRY cleaner for Windows 10?: My system is running Windows Pro 1909 (OS Build 18363.720). I clean-installed it few years ago, and have not had any hardware changes except for a new graphics card (NVidia 2070 Super) installed in early December 2019. I am mostly using my computer for stock market trading,...
  8. Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?

in Browsers and Email
    Am I a Lemming for Using Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin?: I have read too many times to count that I am an idiot for continuing to use "Adblock Plus Instead of uBlock Origin" that I am beginning to believe it : ) I am assuming that the two do not play nice with one another. Adblock Plus seems to work good enough and I never have to...
  9. Blocked Ad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blocked Ad: I use a surface pro 4. The seattle times a.m./p.m. email briefs are blocked. How do I unblock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/blocked-ad/f567a24d-3b96-41a8-ae45-2e36f6aa8c26
  10. uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com: uBlock Origin blocked api.taboola.com when I was connecting to RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History RANKED: The 25 Greatest Hitters In MLB History New Arena --- I selected temporarily for now If I see anything about taboola again, should I select permanently...