Windows 10: What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

Discus and support What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've seen this question posed to MS Help several different times & in every instance, the question is ignored, not answered. Then the thread gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by timmyjscott, Oct 6, 2020.

1. What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

I've seen this question posed to MS Help several different times & in every instance, the question is ignored, not answered. Then the thread gets locked. These questions go back to 2016-2017 & have never been answered. I want to save my People contacts from an old computer to a new computer. It should be very straightforward like all other folders I can copy & paste to a new location. What is the actual location of the People contacts folder?
    Please?

:)

timmyjscott, Oct 6, 2020
  2. abredt Win User

Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

Thanks.

Can you tell me where the Contacts are stored?

I also want to back up the Contacts.

In Outlook, People I clicked to Export to a File. It lists Contacts and 2 folders under it with long numerical filenames. What are these folders?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Oct 6, 2020
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Nicrite Win User

What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located?

1. What folder does People store contacts in & where is it located? - Similar Threads - folder does store

2. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  3. People/Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People/Contacts: I have Windows 11 and using the Windows mail app. I have 2 google email address I use which are set up with Windows mail. When I click on the people icon to show contacts it is empty. When I try to import my google contacts it tries to create a account and then says that...
  4. What is winresume.exe and where is it located?

in Windows 10 News
    What is winresume.exe and where is it located?: [ATTACH]If you are wondering what is the winresume.exe file is on your Windows 11/10 computer and where it is located, then we may be able to help you. In this article, we are going to resolve the mystery around the file. We are going to see what is Winresume.exe and where is...
  5. Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where are my contacts if the contacts folder says "this folder is empty": Location of Contacts in windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-my-contacts-if-the-contacts-folder-says/aa26fba9-c401-4de7-9d87-4047fcd82aad
  6. Loss of Contact details in People App. Where arethey stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of Contact details in People App. Where arethey stored?: The People App apparently deleted all my contacts (or failed to connect to the data file).I then re-entered all the data. Shortly afterwards most of the contacts disappeared from the App and I re-entered them again. No repetition of the problem so far. I later downloaded the...
  7. where is my contacts stored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where is my contacts stored: Where are the contacts stored ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-contacts-stored/62deb76b-e49e-4b94-ad50-2212f5c9821a
  8. Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder

in Browsers and Email
    Where does Win 10 store Windows Live Mail 'Contacts' folder: 'Been using Windows Live Mail for nearly 2 years. Last week the Contacts list disappeared - the window appears to be 'greyed out'. Where do I find if my contacts list is recoverable? Hmmm. Local time should read 13.54! Must fix GMT setting. 69971
  9. People Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    People Contacts: When I open People in Win 10, several of my contacts are missing. I still have Win Live Mail 2012. I have to copy the missing contacts from Win Live mail to People. Does any one know why some of my contacts are missing in People? I tried to import my contacts from Win Live...
  10. Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook People Not in Contacts Folder: I exported Windows Live Contacts from Windows 7 computer and imported them into Outlook 2016 on Windows 10. The contacts appear in Outlook People and in Address Book. The Contacts folder in C: >Users>Username>Contacts is empty. I am the only user. Should the contacts...