Windows 10: What folders should appear under the Users folder?

Discus and support What folders should appear under the Users folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by brucemc777, Apr 11, 2017.

1. What folders should appear under the Users folder?

I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and Administrator, I have the following:

.NET v4.5
    .NET v4.5 Classic
    All Users
    Default User
    Default.migrated
    DefaultAppPool
    TEMP
    UpdatusUser

Yes, I am showing hidden folders here, but can I / should I blow away any of these? If I could at least justify a folder as being some form of system account such as maybe "All Users", but items such as the .NET accounts strike me as just plain weird.

:)

brucemc777, Apr 11, 2017

2. windows explorer

File Explorer navigation pane shows my Onedrive\Documents folder under "This PC" instead of my C:\Users\AccountName\Documents folder that should be there. This change occurred sometime in the recent past. The same is true of my Onedrive\Pictures folder.
    They also appear under "Onedrive" where they should be. I don't know what caused this and can find no way to correct it.

GeraldDummer, Apr 11, 2017
  3. WINDOWS 10 - PROGRAM DOWNLOAD NOT WHERE I EXPECTED

I downloaded a program but found that it does not show up in the START menu. Is that correct?

It did show up under File Explorer / D'loads. It did not show under Users / myname?

Please advise what folders downloads should appear.

Thank you

MARTIN0805, Apr 11, 2017
Thema:

What folders should appear under the Users folder?

1. What folders should appear under the Users folder? - Similar Threads - folders should appear

2. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  3. Deletion of Default folder under Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deletion of Default folder under Users folder: I'm using windows 11 and accidentally deleted a Default folder under Users, no system backup was performed prior to these. The Default folder is permanently deleted any chance to restore it back. Will it effect already created users??Any suggestion would be more then helpful...
  4. Unknown users folder under C:\Users\

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown users folder under C:\Users\: Hey So I noticed that I have my usual user folder in C:\Users\user and then another one which is basically C:\Users\user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx. The weird thing is that user.LAPTOP-xxxxxxxx is not the name of my laptop at all if I check under system information. Where is this...
  5. Missing folders not showing up under "User" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folders not showing up under "User" folder: First time questions. . Running Win 10 Pro on my desktop computer. Two questions? In "System Information" my system name is DESKTOP and the User Name is DESKTOP\Desktop. I picked the System Named as DESKTOP because I have a laptop and a desktop computer. My laptop shows...
  6. Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...

Sharing a sub folder under 'Users' results in folder 'Users' and all the subfolders under...: When I enable sharing on an individual sub folder under 'Users', the 'Users' folder itself and all sub folders under get sharing enabled for them. Further, the [Share] button under [Properties>Sharing] for folder 'Users' gets greyed out. What's causing this weird behavior...
  7. Renaming the user folder under c:\users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Renaming the user folder under c:\users: Hi all. As a user who's part of a domain, my user folder under C:\Users is very long and this is disturbing when I use Bash (WSL). the folder is first.last.domainName and that's too long. Ideally, I just want my user folder to be my first.last name without the domain name...
  8. Under what folder should the diagcab be located?

Under what folder should the diagcab be located?: I noticed that the troubleshooting pack cabinet is located under my documents folder. Where should this actually be located? Must have inadvertently moved it but don't know where to put it. Thanks in advance for your reply to solve the issue....
  9. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....
  10. strange folders under users folders...

in Windows 10 Support
    strange folders under users folders...: i found these strange folders under the users folders and other places... dozens of them... ones like Send To, Start Menu, Templates, etc they have shortcut arrows but they are not... they are file folders and they have no size and the date is when i installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what folders should i have under users defaultuser()

2. what folders should be under users