Windows 10: What good is Windows Search? And if it is not good for anything, how can I get rid of it?

Discus and support What good is Windows Search? And if it is not good for anything, how can I get rid of it? in Cortana to solve the problem; Sometimes, Windows Search comes up on my computer unintentionally when I touch my touchpad in the wrong way. Sometimes I click on it to find an app or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JoachimBO, Sep 9, 2019.

1. JoachimBO Win User

What good is Windows Search? And if it is not good for anything, how can I get rid of it?

Sometimes, Windows Search comes up on my computer unintentionally when I touch my touchpad in the wrong way. Sometimes I click on it to find an app or a file, but I am always disappointed by how poorly it works. To find files, I have to use the search box in the File Explorer. To find e-mails, I need to search in the e-mail program.

Windows Search simply does not seem to work well for anything at all. Or am I missing something of importance that would be of use to me? I would love to know.

Joachim

:)

JoachimBO, Sep 9, 2019
  2. Gjohnst4 Win User

Recomend good earbuds for gaming on the go

thanks for all the replies. I will search through all the suggestions tonight (at work) and list a few Ive found and been recommended elsewhere.

Gjohnst4, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Good bye Bluetooth

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.
    • Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• In search, Type troubleshooting.
    • From the search list, click on troubleshooting
    • On the left pane, click on view all.
    • From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting
    Follow the below link as reference and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-find-bluetooth-settings-in-windows-10

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 9, 2019
  4. RZZR Win User

What good is Windows Search? And if it is not good for anything, how can I get rid of it?

RZZR, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. What good is Windows Search? And if it is not good for anything, how can I get rid of it? - Similar Threads - Search anything rid

2. How to get rid of unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK for good

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK for good: Microsoft Defender on my windows 10 pc Keeps Detecting potentially unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK. Sometimes it blocks it, but it keeps coming back. Once Microsoft Defender reported that it is still active I've used Microsoft Security scanner. Sometimes Security Scanner Hangs...
  3. How to get rid of unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK for good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK for good: Microsoft Defender on my windows 10 pc Keeps Detecting potentially unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK. Sometimes it blocks it, but it keeps coming back. Once Microsoft Defender reported that it is still active I've used Microsoft Security scanner. Sometimes Security Scanner Hangs...
  4. How to get rid of unwanted app: App:NetFilterSDK for good

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  6. How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this extra keyboard layout for good?: This extra keyboard layout keeps coming back however many times I delete it.As you can see in the screenshot, I have 3 languages installed EN, PT and GE. For some unknown reason, the EN keyboard keeps doubling up and downloading an extra layout. If I remove the...
  7. How get Good audio?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How get Good audio?: Have been using a soundblaster audio card with windows 10 computer (dell inspirion) and Audacity with good voice audio, till reset something. Now don't have anything in Audacity Mic window [screenshot attached] (used to say something?) and get nothing. Tried plugging mic...
  8. How to get rid of Windows update completely for good, for 100%?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid of Windows update completely for good, for 100%?: I desperately need to block windows 10 update out of my desktop work computer, because certain older programs just won't work after the update. I payed for this hardware/software configuration, and it is mine. I find it absolutely outrageous that Microsoft keeps finding ways...
  9. What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What is a good cpu with a good onboard gpu?: I don't need a separate graphics card, a long time ago I stopped playing multi-player online video games where the user that has the most expensive hardware, the fastest internet and the best cheating software always wins. If I want to make myself feel bad, I will play...
  10. How to get rid of Startup password for good?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of Startup password for good?: I have tried so many times. I disable sign-in password on "netplwiz" and "Sign-in options" And at first it works. But either a few days or weeks later, I get the sign-in password option again.(sometimes it pops up when the computer awakes from it's sleep without turning it...