Windows 10: What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018)

Discus and support What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting a graphic performance error that has something to do with Firefox.exe. I need to know what graphic performance setting to use for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnnBrowne, Nov 28, 2018.

1. AnnBrowne Win User

What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018)

I keep getting a graphic performance error that has something to do with Firefox.exe. I need to know what graphic performance setting to use for Firefox.exe so I do not keep getting this error. This error sometimes crashed my browser and always slows it down while the error is present while just reading articles on the web. (This has nothing to do with gaming.)

Or, perhaps there is some other setting that I need to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

AnnBrowne, Nov 28, 2018

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 28, 2018
  4. What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018)

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018)

1. What graphic performance setting should I use for Firefox.exe errors (2018) - Similar Threads - graphic performance setting

2. What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best site to download Firefox. It's most confusing. Should I use Microsoft or...: I am running a PC with Windows 10 - Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2788 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-site-to-download-firefox-its-most/ab91de29-500d-4b6f-a410-2f9f69a8ecd0
  3. can't add a .exe file in graphic settings to set to run on high performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't add a .exe file in graphic settings to set to run on high performance: Hello, I explained my issue here,https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Get-Help/problem-with-home2-exe-running-on-cpu/m-p/994117#M172784I wanted all my VR related applications to be run by the dedicated GPU and not the core graphic of my processor. I already know how to do this, I...
  4. can't add a .exe file in graphic settings to set to run on high performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't add a .exe file in graphic settings to set to run on high performance: Hello, I explained my issue here,https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Get-Help/problem-with-home2-exe-running-on-cpu/m-p/994117#M172784I wanted all my VR related applications to be run by the dedicated GPU and not the core graphic of my processor. I already know how to do this, I...
  5. Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Not Using High Performance GPU Despite Graphics Settings: I'm trying to run a game Minecraft Java Edition with the high performance GPU in my laptop instead of the integrated GPU, but no matter what settings I change it still runs on the iGPU. What I've tried: Changing "Graphics performance preference" for the Minecraft...
  6. What should I do to improve performance for gaming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I do to improve performance for gaming?: I saw that disabling Microsoft Update and Defender helps for a slight performance upgrade, what else should I do? And is there anyway to temporarily disable it via a batch file please? Thanks in advance :) submitted by /u/AAAAAshwin [link] [comments]...
  7. Exe not showing in graphic settings selector!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exe not showing in graphic settings selector!: So in the graphic settings in windows settings I am trying to add a file so I change the power settings for it but it doesn't show up! It shows when in file explorer but not in the file select in the graphic settings? I hope you understand what I mean, English isn't my first...
  8. What should I do to an SSD to be performing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What should I do to an SSD to be performing: Hello, I have appealed to the Microsoft Community to ask you to say that I bought two 1000 GB and another 237 GB SSD and please tell me what settings I need to make to have better performance longer life, optimization ect ...). Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. What's this in my Firefox settings?

in Browsers and Email
    What's this in my Firefox settings?: Noticed a small warning box in the top of my FireFox settings: [img] So my question is, what is the meaning of this? And it's all over my settings pages of FF! *Mad (I translated it for you) 120580
  10. Change Performance Settings for Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Performance Settings for Firefox: How to: Change Performance Settings for Firefox [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. Firefox automatically uses recommended performance settings that work best with your computer. If you...