Windows 10: WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

Discus and support WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HemanthaKumara, Dec 19, 2018.

1. WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES,

:)

HemanthaKumara, Dec 19, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Dec 19, 2018
  3. silkstone Win User
    Cannot delete .Trash-999 folder

So I am trying to delete a folder from my secondary HDD called .Trash-999 that is from and ubuntu bootdisk. I managed to do it on the c:\ drive, but on my d:\ drive i am getting an error telling me that i don;t have permission to delete it.

I recently had a problem with windows permissions and fixed it on the c:\ drive with a windows re-install but i accidentally set up windows on d:\ The files contained within are from a mistaken windows install, which i tried to delete through ubuntu, it seems that ubuntu was able to move the files to the trash, but unable to delete them entirely.
    When i go to security on the folder, it tells me that i don't have permission to do this action. although the permissions on the folder gives re/write to everyone. However, when i go to the individual folders in there, no one has permission and when i try to give permission i get an access denied message.

Update - I just found a nifty little program that adds a take ownership option to the right click menu, this has allowed me to (finally) delete all the folders/files i need to.

silkstone, Dec 19, 2018
  4. vladmire Win User

WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

C windows installer folder - Delete?

same thing happen with me few years back, still noob at that time till now *Big Grin WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES :D
    Deleted all files *.txt and voila, after few i cant uninstall most of my software, had to reformat my PC again. lol. it would be best if you don't touch any files in windows folder. imo.

vladmire, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

1. WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES - Similar Threads - HAPPEN DELETE FOLDER

2. What will happen if i optimize C: drive? Does it effect to my files in C: ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What will happen if i optimize C: drive? Does it effect to my files in C: ?: What will happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-happen-if-i-optimize-c-drive-does-it/f26b98a8-b93c-41cf-993c-5ad893d70c3c
  3. What will happen if i optimize C: drive? Does it effect to my files in C: ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if i optimize C: drive? Does it effect to my files in C: ?: What will happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-happen-if-i-optimize-c-drive-does-it/f26b98a8-b93c-41cf-993c-5ad893d70c3c
  4. What will happen if i optimize C: drive? Does it effect to my files in C: ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ?: I see everywhere what happens if you delete system32 or c:\windows\system32\config\SYSTEM but what happens if you delete c:\windows\system\ ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-you-delete-cwindowssystem/65c5503f-4284-41a5-b9ff-89dd588a98be
  6. Folder containing files deleted

Folder containing files deleted: I was moving my desktop folder to another drive and a folder containing important files got deleted. I found the folder was in another folder called $recycle.bin but I do not know how to access it....
  7. WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A...

WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A...: WHEN I COPY A FOLDER FROM DRIVE C:\ WHICH CONTAINS SUB-FOLDER AND FILES WITH IN TO A DRIVE E:\ WHICH IS MICRO SD THE SUB FOLDER FILES DOES NOT COPY. ALL SUB FOLDERS ARE EMPTY....
  8. what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk

what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk: what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk..i want to do this because i want to update windows 10 ..my laptop is low in storage that's why..how can i delete this folder..i have copied windows folder to usb drive also to delete this folder...
  9. What happen if i delete "C:\Recovery" folder after update?

What happen if i delete "C:\Recovery" folder after update?: Do you recommended or not? If yes, then how? It has occupied my 5.2 GB of space and i cannot delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-if-i-delete-crecovery-folder-after/ae3df92b-5bd1-4ff4-b46a-b99027a78c7a"
  10. What is contained in the Wim2 folder on a Discovery Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is contained in the Wim2 folder on a Discovery Drive?: First question. When the user makes a Recovery Drive the Sources folder contains both a Wim and a Wim2 image. The Wim2 is about 200mb on my Recovery Drive. Does this contain files from my specfic system like the drivers currently installed, settings, fonts and such? What...