Windows 10: What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...

Discus and support What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I use a microsoft account from years ago now I switch it to a local account and I decide to remove my previous microsoft account. Now I just want to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pallab Nandi, Apr 9, 2019.

1. What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...

I use a microsoft account from years ago now I switch it to a local account and I decide to remove my previous microsoft account. Now I just want to know what will happen if I do so. I mean to say if there will be any harmful effect done if I do or how much app or software or anything else will be removed forever?

:)

Pallab Nandi, Apr 9, 2019

2. Delete Local account and How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are tryin to remove that Microsoft account password login. We will help you.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• When you say, delete my Microsoft Account do you wish to switch to Local account from Microsoft account?
    • Do you wish to delete the any other accounts which has been added?
    We cannot delete Microsoft account when we have logged in to the system. However we can switch to Local account from MS account.

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search
      in taskbar and type account.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now, under Your account, click on
      Sign in with Local account instead.

• Enter your Microsoft account password
      for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.

• Enter User name credentials for your the Local account
      and click OK.

• Now, login to Local account.
    Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 9, 2019
  4. DarWun Win User

What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my...

1. What happen if I log in with local account instead of microsoft account and then delete my... - Similar Threads - happen log local

2. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  3. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.: It is a completely fresh install on a completely wiped drive. I have gone through all steps I could find regarding this. Last I tried was messing with netplwiz and that process before I gave in and just started from fresh. only to have the same problem. The big issue is, I...
  4. getting "password is incorrect" trying to log into microsoft account instead of local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  6. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  7. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?: I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?...
  8. What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?

What happens to Windows when I delete my Microsoft account?: I want to delete my Microsoft account, but I'm unsure of what will happen with my PC since it runs on Windows. What will happen with all my files? Will i get locked out?...
  9. What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will...: What happens if I delete a account on my pc Thats an administrator? What account will become the administrator then? Because when I try to change my accounts type it says that account A (administrator account) is still the administrator when I supposedly change account b to...
  10. Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in with my Microsoft account instead of local - asking for local password can't...: Hi, Is there anyone who knows how to bypass or reset local Windows 10 password using my current PIN? I'm trying to use my Microsoft account instead of my local account but it's asking for my local password not my PIN to proceed. I can't remember my local password as...