Windows 10: What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and...

Discus and support What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Dell Optipex 7040 with corei7-67000 and upgraded RAM+SSD, NMve HDD+ Network ports. I want to install proxmox hypervisor as the OS and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SanjeewaSamaranayake, Jun 3, 2020.

1. What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and...

I have Dell Optipex 7040 with corei7-67000 and upgraded RAM+SSD, NMve HDD+ Network ports. I want to install proxmox hypervisor as the OS and then create few VMs. Once of VM would be windows10 to run blueiris camera software 24x7. I do not want to install microsoft own vitualisation platform.

My question is can I make use of my OEM license that came with the Optiplex and get it activated. As I understand windows 10 OEM license it tied to the motherboard of the machine and I am not changing that

:)

SanjeewaSamaranayake, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Archquark Win User

Windows 10 Pro install stops at Step15

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

Archquark, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Archquark Win User

What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and...

Windows 10 Pro clean installation on SSD stops at settings step

I followed steps for installation on SSD with UEFI Everything went well until the first restart after installation files reached 100% When screen came back it was back to original Install now screen.

I had disabled secure boot in firmware as suggested. SSD is the only drive attached at present. Should I attempt a reinstallation or are there other steps I should pursue first.

I am using a retail licensed Windows 10 Pro version installed on USB using Microsoft creation media.

Dell 8700 XPS
    i7 4790 processor at 3.40 Ghz
    16GB memory
    2 TB HDD Windows 8.1 installed presently not connected
    Kingston HyperX 120GB

Archquark, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and...

1. What happen windows 10 license if I install Hypervisor on DELL that came with win10 pro and... - Similar Threads - happen license install

2. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a doubt, What will happen to the apps pre-installed In my pc when I upgrade to Windows 11.I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3505, In windows update settings It is showing that ' This PC Can Run windows 11. When i Upgrade to windows 11, what will happen to the apps came with...
  3. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11: I have a doubt, What will happen to the apps pre-installed In my pc when I upgrade to Windows 11.I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3505, In windows update settings It is showing that ' This PC Can Run windows 11. When i Upgrade to windows 11, what will happen to the apps came with...
  4. What will happen To the Apps Came with the PC When I Upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  6. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?: So In short all I'm trying to figure out here is If I can keep the windows 10 pro license I purchased on the current laptop I'm selling and if there's a different process when resetting the laptop if I would like to keep it on this device. I don't want to transfer it to a new...
  7. What happens to the Windows 10 Pro license when I sell my laptop?

8. Installing a new SDD, what happens to my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing a new SDD, what happens to my Windows 10 license?: Hello, I have an older computer laying around that I wanted to give away, coincidentelly I also have a SDD that I won't use anywhere so I figuered I'll install it. The process is pretty straight forward, but when this computer was bought it came with either 7 or 8, and I...
  9. What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...

What Happens to Windows 10 Pro Digital License (Purchased upgrade) after In-warranty...: Hello, I purchased a Surface Go with Windows 10 Home. Love it. Then upgraded to Windows 10 Pro at Microsoft Store. I dropped the thing, the screen shattered, machine broke (not booting up), and had it sent for hardware replacement. The hardware replacement comes with...
  10. What happens with my Win10 license if I go back to Win7 for a day?

What happens with my Win10 license if I go back to Win7 for a day?: As per title. I've upgraded my Win7Pro to Win10 Professional a few months ago. I want to install Win7 back for testing purposes. I still have my Win7 activation key. What's going to happen after the testing when I'll install Win10 again? Will it be activated or will I...