Windows 10: What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC.

Discus and support What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I'm trying to find out what happened to my PC that bricked my computer. First impressions I've got is that my PC started updating at 1:30... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sketch Parker, Jan 11, 2020.

1. What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC.

Hi there!

I'm trying to find out what happened to my PC that bricked my computer. First impressions I've got is that my PC started updating at 1:30 EST, and something happened in that update that caused a Startup Repair loop. It also looks like previous to that I had a series of disk errors.

Here's what happened in as much detail as I can think to provide:

I woke up this morning to a blue screen. My PC shut down before I sat down, might have hit spacebar when I was taking a seat. Bear with me on the timeline, I wasn't actually able to save any of the console output so I'm reciting from memory.

I turned my PC back on, and I got a Startup Repair loop. I tried the following:

• I restarted my PC, which returned me to Startup Repair.
    • I tried going through Startup Repair, which it said it couldn't fix the issue
    • I tried some of the advanced options I found while googling. One was setting the registry back to last known good using regback, but I didn't actually get to the regback command as the console output I was seeing and the expected console output did not match, so I exited without changing anything. Restarting my PC went to Startup Repair.
    • I tried to go back to a System Restore point. The System Restore process failed with an unknown error. The error output looked something like:

Unable to find System Restore file D:some/directory/here

• My PC crashed at this point. I had to hit the power button and it booted up, which surprisingly went straight to Windows Login.
    • I pull up the Event Viewer, and I see that there are a large amount of events happening at 11:00PM, then my computer bricked at 1:30AM EST.

What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC. b0e6ec98-49de-4c0c-a7cc-f0a6f7bb0eb2?upload=true.png

I woke up at 8:30ish, then I got my PC online at 9:10.

I need to know what happened here. Also how to prevent it from happening again.

:)

Sketch Parker, Jan 11, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 11, 2020
  4. What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC.

EST Problem on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please be informed that Eastern Standard Time (EST) is 5 hours behind UTC and it is not 4 hours behind.
    Eastern Standard

Time (EST) when observing standard time (autumn/winter) are 5 hours behind UTC -5:00.

Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), when observing daylight time (spring/summer) is 4 hours behind
    UTC -4:00

This issue may arise when the day light saving option is not turned on.

I suggest you to turn on the daylight saving and check if it helps.

• Type Change the date and time on the search bar.
    • Turn on adjust for daylight saving automatically.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC.

1. What happened at 01:30 EST? It bricked my PC. - Similar Threads - happened EST bricked

2. What is happening to my pc????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to my pc????: Hi, for a while now things have been getting worse and worse. Ill start by listing few example of things that have happened.-task manager not working-applications beginning to not launch without a restart-task bar disappearing/freezing-settings no loading-both monitors go...
  3. What is happening with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening with my PC: I have a windows 11 pc, custom built. Every time I try to play a game, mostly VALORANT, my monitor is losing signal but the PC is still on, yet I can't do anything. I have to force it to shut off. There is a period of time that I can still hear audio. I have the latest...
  4. What is happening with my PC

What is happening with my PC: I have a windows 11 pc, custom built. Every time I try to play a game, mostly VALORANT, my monitor is losing signal but the PC is still on, yet I can't do anything. I have to force it to shut off. There is a period of time that I can still hear audio. I have the latest...
  5. PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST: Hello! I've noticed that everyday at 12:30 EST my PC goes to sleep out of nowhere. Does anyone have a way to stop this from happening? Or is this intended to happen?...
  6. PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST

PC randomly going to sleep at 12:30 EST: Hello! I've noticed that everyday at 12:30 EST my PC goes to sleep out of nowhere. Does anyone have a way to stop this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-going-to-sleep-at-1230-est/844e8822-fd15-4d91-85d4-bd67d8c1f7e6
  7. What Happened to My Pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Happened to My Pc?: So my pc just came today and i installed all the stuff needed like vscode,mingw and also tried to install a game Genshin Impact... While it was doenloading it suddenly made my pc restart, i was shocked then again i put it on download the same thing happens..I then later after...
  8. What Happened to My Pc?

What Happened to My Pc?: So my pc just came today and i installed all the stuff needed like vscode,mingw and also tried to install a game Genshin Impact... While it was doenloading it suddenly made my pc restart, i was shocked then again i put it on download the same thing happens..I then later after...
  9. What is happening to my pc?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is happening to my pc?!?!?: I have an i5 9400t, 2060 and 8gb ram but am not getting the fps i should plz help. submitted by /u/That_weird_TaPotato [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enhmpz/what_is_happening_to_my_pc/
  10. What is happening to my PC???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is happening to my PC???: Ever since yesterday my pc started getting random image distortions from time to time i though it was the monitor but when i used the screen capture tool it still got the distortion. I used malwarebytes to check my pc and it not detected anything weird what is happening to my...