Windows 10: What happened to all my downloaded files???

Discus and support What happened to all my downloaded files??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 ( not sure if that's the issue or not) but I haven't used my laptop in a couple of weeks but I went to open some files this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClaudetteGrimes, Feb 25, 2019.

1. What happened to all my downloaded files???

I am using Windows 10 ( not sure if that's the issue or not) but I haven't used my laptop in a couple of weeks but I went to open some files this morning that were downloaded months and several over a year ago and I have been accessing with no problem and ALL of my downloaded files are now gone! No one has excess to this computer, I haven't downloaded any new software and as long as I've been using a computer (which has been a whole lot of years) I've never had this problem. HELP!

:)

ClaudetteGrimes, Feb 25, 2019

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Feb 25, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Feb 25, 2019
  4. What happened to all my downloaded files???

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

What happened to all my downloaded files???

1. What happened to all my downloaded files??? - Similar Threads - happened downloaded files

2. what happen to my Norton anti files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happen to my Norton anti files: what happen to my Horton anti virus files which i have payed for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-to-my-norton-anti-files/223018be-29e2-475f-aabf-a15791a1888b
  3. what happen to my Norton anti files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happen to my Norton anti files: what happen to my Horton anti virus files which i have payed for https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-to-my-norton-anti-files/223018be-29e2-475f-aabf-a15791a1888b
  4. What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened to my "This PC Download" ???: As a photographer, I download a lot of material - my files go into folders that are dated 'June 2022" and so on - and ALWAYS put them in the This PC Download" which has unaccountably disappeared - instead, I see iCloud Drive - which is funny since I no longer have an iPhone -...
  5. What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my "This PC Download" ???: As a photographer, I download a lot of material - my files go into folders that are dated 'June 2022" and so on - and ALWAYS put them in the This PC Download" which has unaccountably disappeared - instead, I see iCloud Drive - which is funny since I no longer have an iPhone -...
  6. What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What happened? All my files became read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened? All my files became read only: So ran my work computer, ran unity, I got a messagebox saying that I should move my project folder's to another place as it could be read only where it was. I thought it was odd, checked the project folder in explorer and sure enough, it was marked as read "read only" and...
  8. what happened to all my pinned tasks on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what happened to all my pinned tasks on the taskbar: what happened to all my pinned tasks on the taskbar? Microsoft 365 has installed itself and lost my user self three times now! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-all-my-pinned-tasks-on-the/f8af1492-6e0c-4fbd-8846-59a3d4a56fc0
  9. what happened to all my files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what happened to all my files?: my computer updated, and this morning i have lost everything that was on it...everything. all the art, the reference, my sketches, files...everything. i use this as my business and your update wiped everything...no warning, nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!! how can YOU fix this!!!!! I...
  10. What is happening with my 'boot.wim' file ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is happening with my 'boot.wim' file ?: What is happening with my 'boot.wim' file ? I have been having some problems with booting on my computer recently and I think that I have found the cause but do not know how to resolve it. Following the W10 tutorial on creating a repair disc I decided to create a new one...