Windows 10: what happened to app icons

Discus and support what happened to app icons in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a real user person, Jun 9, 2023.

1. what happened to app icons

so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i unpinned them, the icons began breakingthis is what the icons look like now:dont ask why notepad is in the image

:)

a real user person, Jun 9, 2023

2. What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?

Please try these below mention steps

To pin an app back to your Start screen, kindly follow these steps:

Go to your App list.

Look for the app.

Tap and hold the app, and tap "Pin to

start".

Go back to your Start Screen, swipe at the bottom part and you will see there the icon of the apps that you just pinned.

if it didn't help then follow these:

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.

Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.

Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.

Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.

Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.

Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hanem Nagi, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Rose Cal Win User

what happened to app icons

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

what happened to app icons

1. what happened to app icons - Similar Threads - happened app icons

2. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  3. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  4. what happened to app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to app icons: so recently, two of my apps have lost their icons when on the taskbar. im unsure why. both were previously pinned to my taskbar, but then when i unpinned them, the icons began breakingthis is what the icons look like now:dont ask why notepad is in the image...
  5. What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?: I'm on Windows 10. The money app used to let me Pin specific stocks by clicking a little pin icon at the top of the page and they'd show up as live tiles in my start menu. I still have a couple stock tiles in my start menu that are still working, but I don't see a way to add...
  6. What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?

What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?: I'm on Windows 10. The money app used to let me Pin specific stocks by clicking a little pin icon at the top of the page and they'd show up as live tiles in my start menu. I still have a couple stock tiles in my start menu that are still working, but I don't see a way to add...
  7. What happened to the Pin icon in the Windows Money app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  9. What happened to my icons?

What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  10. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Customization