Windows 10: what happened to Cortana?

Discus and support what happened to Cortana? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; is Cortana disabled in build 2020? submitted by /u/mayagrafix [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mayagrafix, Jan 27, 2020.

1. what happened to Cortana?

/u/mayagrafix, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 27, 2020
  4. what happened to Cortana?

Can't log in after Anniversary edition if Cortana happens from lock screen.

Hi John,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the troubleshooter from the Microsoft help article below to resolve the issues with Cortana and check if it helps.

Start menu troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of unlocking the device using password and Cortana for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

what happened to Cortana?

1. what happened to Cortana? - Similar Threads - happened Cortana

2. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  3. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  4. What has happened to Cortana in February 2021

in Cortana
    What has happened to Cortana in February 2021: I use Cortana a lot, but lately it is not the same, and I am going to sever my ties. Prior to February, I could tell cortana to set an appointment, then I could add info to it, change the date and time or delete it altogether. Now, it won't let me do anything to it. To...
  5. Every time I try to use cortana this happens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I try to use cortana this happens: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AthleticAlbatross [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixz715/every_time_i_try_to_use_cortana_this_happens/
  6. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  7. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  8. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  9. what happened to the cortana app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to the cortana app: since last update, lost cortana app. only have circle on task bar the cortana app is not avail at MS store. what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-cortana-app/ebde91f8-c8d9-41fc-a9ef-be6244db119a
  10. Something happened with Cortana for me

in Cortana
    Something happened with Cortana for me: Hi. In the past when I clicked on the Cortana Search Bar I got a message about Cortana welcoming me (such as Hi there or How can I help you?) with a smile thingy But now I have this: (its not a big deal I know but its annoying me and please help :( ) Also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is happening to cortana in 2020