Windows 10: What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

Discus and support What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box? in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by YanisLukes, Jun 29, 2020.

1. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer.

What happened to this feature?

Calculation screenshot from years ago:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.GLVe9tv5brocjhhf8Le86QHaJS

:)

YanisLukes, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Raki GX Win User

Cortana no longer says ''Ask me anything''

Sorry for the late reply. Don't know how it happened, but the problem just fixed itself a few minutes ago. I didn't get a chance to try out your suggestion. Cortana says "Ask me anything" again. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Raki GX, Jun 29, 2020
  3. ZJ AJ Win User
    Cortana "Ask me anything" box disabled

I have been running Windows 10 Pro at home on my desktop machine for a while now, and Cortana had been working until recently. I'm not sure when it happened, but now all Cortana-related things appear to be disabled:

• The "Ask me anything" box is grayed out, and I can't type into it. If I right-click, I get the same menu as with the rest of the taskbar.
    • When I attempt to run the Cortana app directly, nothing happens.
    • When I attempt to get to "Cortana & Search settings" in Settings, it just goes back to the main Settings screen.
    Like I said, it was working for a while, and recently it stopped. I tried uninstalling KB3093266, and that had no effect.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks for any help.

ZJ AJ, Jun 29, 2020
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing.

I have to log out and back in to get it to work again but it'll only work the once. If I type a second search the blank list returns. It's as if it is linked with an MS server that is either down or working really slowly. I'd say it was a PC issue if not for the fact that both our machines are suddenly displaying the exact same behaviour at the same time which makes me wonder if it's an issue on MS end. Neither PC has undergone any significant changes of late other than the usual frequent windows defender updates and the latest Office 365 updates on Thursday evening. I checked all user accounts on both machines and same issue on all of them. I cannot say for certain when this started happening but I only spotted it this morning - I use the ask me anything / search quite a lot so I suspect it's very recent

Scottyboy99, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

1. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box? - Similar Threads - happened Cortana's Ask

2. Get rid of Ask Me Anything box on the Bing homepage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Ask Me Anything box on the Bing homepage: I want to keep Bing, but I don't want the large 'ask me anything' chat box in the center of my screen. How can I minimize it? Please don't tell me how to use a different search engine, I am fully capable of figuring that out. I don't want another search engine, I want Bing...
  3. Question about Ask me anything search box

in Cortana
    Question about Ask me anything search box: Ok so can you bring back the ask me anything search box with the microphone I don’t really want this type here to search thing with the magnifying glass box on my computer anymore it just looks wrong without the ask me anything box...
  4. Ask Cortana box missing

in Cortana
    Ask Cortana box missing: Hello, I run a windows 10 with the version 1903, so cortana has changed to a personal assistant which can remember thing and open programs tell me what's scheduled etc. There are 2 ways to communicate with cortana, with voice and by typing in the Ask Cortana box but the ask...
  5. Ask Cortana box mixxing

in Cortana
    Ask Cortana box mixxing: Hello, I run a windows 10 with the version 1903, so cortana has changed to a personal assistant which can remember thing and open programs tell me what's scheduled etc. There are 2 ways to communicate with cortana, with voice and by typing in the Ask Cortana box but the ask...
  6. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  7. what happened to Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happened to Cortana?: is Cortana disabled in build 2020? submitted by /u/mayagrafix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev0e56/what_happened_to_cortana/
  8. ask me anything search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    ask me anything search box: where is the ask me anything search box located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/ask-me-anything-search-box/a3b12171-4111-44f4-94af-c2abd7ba36f8
  9. Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything: I need help turning off Cortana / Ask Me Anything and restoring the OLD Search Box in Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 Up until about three days ago, I had a search box in my task bar that would allow me to search on my computer, similar to how...
  10. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...