Windows 10: What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

Discus and support What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"? in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by YanisLukes, Jun 28, 2020.

1. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer.

What happened to this feature?

Calculation screenshot from years ago:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.GLVe9tv5brocjhhf8Le86QHaJS

:)

YanisLukes, Jun 28, 2020
  2. Raki GX Win User

Cortana no longer says ''Ask me anything''

Sorry for the late reply. Don't know how it happened, but the problem just fixed itself a few minutes ago. I didn't get a chance to try out your suggestion. Cortana says "Ask me anything" again. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Raki GX, Jun 28, 2020
  3. ZJ AJ Win User
    Cortana "Ask me anything" box disabled

I have been running Windows 10 Pro at home on my desktop machine for a while now, and Cortana had been working until recently. I'm not sure when it happened, but now all Cortana-related things appear to be disabled:

• The "Ask me anything" box is grayed out, and I can't type into it. If I right-click, I get the same menu as with the rest of the taskbar.
    • When I attempt to run the Cortana app directly, nothing happens.
    • When I attempt to get to "Cortana & Search settings" in Settings, it just goes back to the main Settings screen.
    Like I said, it was working for a while, and recently it stopped. I tried uninstalling KB3093266, and that had no effect.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone know what might be going on?

Thanks for any help.

ZJ AJ, Jun 28, 2020
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing.

I have to log out and back in to get it to work again but it'll only work the once. If I type a second search the blank list returns. It's as if it is linked with an MS server that is either down or working really slowly. I'd say it was a PC issue if not for the fact that both our machines are suddenly displaying the exact same behaviour at the same time which makes me wonder if it's an issue on MS end. Neither PC has undergone any significant changes of late other than the usual frequent windows defender updates and the latest Office 365 updates on Thursday evening. I checked all user accounts on both machines and same issue on all of them. I cannot say for certain when this started happening but I only spotted it this morning - I use the ask me anything / search quite a lot so I suspect it's very recent

Scottyboy99, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

1. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"? - Similar Threads - happened Cortana's Ask

2. Cortana keep asking me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  3. CORTANA BAR SHOWING "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" BUT NOT "ASK ME ANYTHING".

in Cortana
    CORTANA BAR SHOWING "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" BUT NOT "ASK ME ANYTHING".: HELLO, I just bought a new laptop with win 10 and came to know about cortana. While i was watching its tutorials on youtube, I saw that in the search bar, they have got "ASK ME ANYTHING" written there.... but in mine one, there is "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" wriiten and when i...
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" input box?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  5. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  6. what happened to the cortana app

what happened to the cortana app: since last update, lost cortana app. only have circle on task bar the cortana app is not avail at MS store. what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-cortana-app/ebde91f8-c8d9-41fc-a9ef-be6244db119a
  7. what happened to Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happened to Cortana?: is Cortana disabled in build 2020? submitted by /u/mayagrafix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev0e56/what_happened_to_cortana/
  8. Something happened with Cortana for me

in Cortana
    Something happened with Cortana for me: Hi. In the past when I clicked on the Cortana Search Bar I got a message about Cortana welcoming me (such as Hi there or How can I help you?) with a smile thingy But now I have this: (its not a big deal I know but its annoying me and please help :( ) Also...
  9. Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything

Need Help Turning Off Cortana / Ask Me Anything: I need help turning off Cortana / Ask Me Anything and restoring the OLD Search Box in Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1703 OS Build 15063.138 Up until about three days ago, I had a search box in my task bar that would allow me to search on my computer, similar to how...
  10. Cortana Ask Me Anything not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Ask Me Anything not working: Has anyone got an issue with the Cortana search 'Ask me anything'? Suddenly on both my machines I notice this morning I will type something like 'Reliability History' and it will display the usual results. But then if I do it again I get nothing. I have to log out and...