Windows 10: what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows...

Discus and support what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The so called MIcrosoft 10 upgrade erased a lot of apps and applications in my computer . one example is Microsoft Photos that cannot open and cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alfonso_702, Nov 15, 2018.

1. what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows...

The so called MIcrosoft 10 upgrade erased a lot of apps and applications in my computer .

one example is Microsoft Photos that cannot open and cannot be downloaded ... also the sounds and speakers are dysfunctional or useless as well

:)

Alfonso_702, Nov 15, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-purging-lot-low-quality-apps-windows-store

P4-630, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows... [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Nov 15, 2018
  4. what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows...

Windows OS Builds List

Windows Operating Systems Builds List by Matthew Smith
    *Many Builds Are Subject To Change Due To Various Sources
    NOTE: the listing titles are in order from the order in the actual list, anything added in v8 will show which beta it was updated in to keep you guys informed on what changes were made where, as of 8.0 BETA 8, 7.1 is obsolete, but will keep it up to show how many changes I've made.
    what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows... [​IMG]

NOTE 2: each new list version doesn't just come up with more builds but might come with renaming/removing/replacing of the builds aswel to show proper release names such as,
    Release Candidate, RTM, Pre-Beta, etc.
    Enjoy

Windows OS Builds Lists - http://www.T4CFantasy.com/WOS/
    Currently 5583 Builds Listed
    Microsoft DOS / OS/2 (Currently 118 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft BASIC (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Xenix (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 1.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 2.x (Currently 18 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 3.x (Currently 27 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 4.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 5.x (Currently 23 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 6.x (Currently 24 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 7.x (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft DOS 8.x (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

Microsoft Windows Emedded CE (Currently 138 Builds Listed)
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 1.x (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 2.x (Currently 9 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 3.x (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 4.x (Currently 9 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 5.x (Currently 45 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.x (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 (Currently 32 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 8 (Currently 30 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Currently 5316 Builds Listed)
    - Microsoft Windows 1.x (Currently 14 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 2.x (Currently 10 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 3.x (Currently 59 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 3.x For Workgroups (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows For Pen Computing 1.0 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 4
    - Microsoft Windows For Pen Computing 2.0 (Currently 1 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 3
    - Microsoft Windows NT 3.1x (Currently 31Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows NT 3.5x (Currently 78 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 1.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows NT 4.x (Currently 104 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 4.0 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 4.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Terminal Server 4.0 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Small Business Server 4.0 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Small Business Server 4.5 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 95 (Currently 224 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 96 / Nashville (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Alpha 4a
    - Microsoft Windows 97 / Memphis (Currently 12 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Alpha 4a
    - Microsoft Windows 98 (Currently 151 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Me (Currently 58 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows 2000 (Currently 279 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows BackOffice Server 2000 (Currently 2 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 9
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2000 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Neptune (Currently 8 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Beta 2
    - Microsoft Windows XP (Currently 1226 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows XP Embedded (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 6
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (Currently 186 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows .NET Server 2003 R2 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.0.0 BETA 4
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded for Point of Service (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Vista (Currently 713 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (Currently 483 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows 7 (Currently 580 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (Currently 364 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 (Currently 8 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 (Currently 12 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Server 2008 (Currently 5 Builds Listed) 8.2.0 Beta 1
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2 Essentials (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.0.1 BETA 2
    - Microsoft Windows Essential Business Server 2008 (Currently 14 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Foundation (Currently 1 Build Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 6
    - Microsoft Windows Home Server (Currently 20 Builds Listed) 8.0.2 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 (Currently 10 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 7
    - Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2010 (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.0.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 7
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (Currently 4 Builds Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011 (Currently 7 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 (Currently 6 Builds Listed) 8.0.3 BETA
    - Microsoft Windows Embedded POSReady 7 (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows Thin PC (Currently 3 Builds Listed) 8.1.0 BETA 5
    - Microsoft Windows 8 (Currently 419 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 (Currently 161 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1
    - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials (Currently 2 Builds Listed) 8.4.0 Alpha 1

T4C Fantasy, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows...

1. what happened to Microsoft Windows? My apps are not functioning properly after the Windows... - Similar Threads - happened Microsoft apps

2. What happened to my apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my apps?: My apps is not working and some of them dont have a icon and theres something called "ms-resource:AppName" This has all happened when i accidentally typed a command to the command prompt please help me resolve this....
  3. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  4. Windows apps not functioning properly

Windows apps not functioning properly: There are a couple issues with windows that are making things hard. It started with the calculator app not opening, so when I went to reinstall it via the Windows Store app, it gave me the error above. This time it appeared in a window but usually it's just red text next to...
  5. Windows apps not functioning properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. What happen with my apps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happen with my apps?: So I recently upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 recently, and I find that most of my apps cannot even start. It gives error "Invalid count -1513636770", and then shut down and the app won't start again no matter how I try to open it. What the heck happen? Not even an info...
  7. Help what happens to my Windows Apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help what happens to my Windows Apps?: Hello. Since about 2 or 3 months ago, more and more Windows Apps get a different icon. Because up to now the location App, Grove Player, Video Player and Photo App have developed icon technology. The only thing that remains is the calculator, Cortana etc... I was gonna...
  8. WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.

WINDOW CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPER.: CAMERA APP NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY.IT SHOWS A CROSS MARK IN FULL SCREEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-camera-app-not-function-proper/4c319878-0451-46b7-b53f-dc0d4812e11d
  9. Windows not functioning properly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not functioning properly after update: I recently got the latest feature update for Windows 10. Ever since then, my touchscreen has stopped working, battery icon has grayed out in the taskbar settings and audio has become disabled. I’ve tried literally everything i can to resolve these issues from trying to fix...
  10. Apps not functioning properly

Apps not functioning properly: Hey guys! I've been a W10 user for the past half year or so, and I must say that I've had pretty good experiences with it. I used it on my cheap desktop, and on my old Asus T100 as a laptop tablet hybrid. But, I got rid of both, and I got myself a second hand Lenovo ThinkPad...