Windows 10: What happened to my apps?

Discus and support What happened to my apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My apps is not working and some of them dont have a icon and theres something called "ms-resource:AppName" This has all happened when i accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Klien Frias, Dec 5, 2022.

1. What happened to my apps?

My apps is not working and some of them dont have a icon and theres something called "ms-resource:AppName" This has all happened when i accidentally typed a command to the command prompt please help me resolve this.

:)

Klien Frias, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. What happened to my apps? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 6, 2022
  3. App unavailability

Hi,

We'd like to know if this happening on all of the apps in the Windows Store in your PC? If yes, we suggest resetting your PC. Please follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Choose Store.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Then, Click Reset.
    • Restart your PC and check if it helps resolved the concern.

If it's not happening to all of the apps, we suggest getting in touch with the app developer and ask assistance.

If you have other concerns, let us know.

Robert Caw, Dec 6, 2022
  4. What happened to my apps?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

What happened to my apps?

1. What happened to my apps? - Similar Threads - happened apps

2. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  3. I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install any games on the Xbox app with gamepass. Error "something unexpected happened": The game Like a Dragon : Ishin was working fine for me yesterday, but the next day attempting to open the game the app told me the file path for the "gamelaunchhelper.exe" didnt exist on my C: drive in the WindowsApps folder. I then uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall...
  4. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  5. Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.: I am clicking on Iriun webcam app icon but nothing is happening. I checked other applications, but all of them are working perfectly. I tried searching for the problem in the web, but all the problem related to after openings of Iriun webcam. What should I do?...
  6. Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.

Clicking on Iriun Webcam app, But nothing is happening.: I am clicking on Iriun webcam app icon but nothing is happening. I checked other applications, but all of them are working perfectly. I tried searching for the problem in the web, but all the problem related to after openings of Iriun webcam. What should I do?...
  7. Windows Store Couldn't Install App Something happened on our end

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Couldn't Install App Something happened on our end: OMG MICROSOFT PLS FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!! Windows 10 & Windows 11 I WAS TRYING INSTALL APP !!I have tried a few methods but why it doesn't work?1 Reset Microsoft Store not working2Reinstall not working3Update Making It Worst4Reinstall Windows System ****...
  8. Windows Store Couldn't Install App Something happened on our end

Windows Store Couldn't Install App Something happened on our end: OMG MICROSOFT PLS FIX THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!! Windows 10 & Windows 11 I WAS TRYING INSTALL APP !!I have tried a few methods but why it doesn't work?1 Reset Microsoft Store not working2Reinstall not working3Update Making It Worst4Reinstall Windows System ****...
  9. I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.: I bought this computer new from Best Buy preloaded. I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.So, I cannot install any of my old apps like Itunes.Device name CyberPower-23 Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700F 2.10 GHz...
  10. I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.

I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.: I bought this computer new from Best Buy preloaded. I cannot install any apps from Microsoft store. When I click on "get" nothing happens.So, I cannot install any of my old apps like Itunes.Device name CyberPower-23 Processor 12th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-12700F 2.10 GHz...