Windows 10: what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop

Discus and support what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; where have my icons gone {pfd,adobe.adobe reader etc.}... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by davinaheaney, Sep 8, 2019.

1. what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop

where have my icons gone {pfd,adobe.adobe reader etc.}

:)

davinaheaney, Sep 8, 2019

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Sep 8, 2019
  3. qubit Win User
    Windows Update does it again: Disappearing Desktop Icons

Couple of things:

Disappearing icons during normal use is not something that Windows tends to do, so there's a problem somewhere on your system.

Leaving Windows Update for so long is asking for problems. Set the updater to download critical updates, but install only when you say so. This way, Windows will be kept up to date and the updates will be a lot smaller, reducing the chance of something going wrong.

So, what's infrarecorder?

qubit, Sep 8, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop

1. what happened to my aps on desktop. they disappeared when windows updated my laptop - Similar Threads - happened aps desktop

2. What happen with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  3. What happen with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happen with my laptop?: I dont restart the laptop after update a haft of Windows 11 one drive dont enough to update, I restart but it has problem, I press anything,, it does boots and it requires me restart again. Then, it shut down and now I can't turn on my laptop and I plug in, the light dont...
  4. What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?: Today I logged into to my PC and the Desktop has completely changed. I am showing on the screenshot what it is now. And when I click "start" none of my apps are there, nor are my Genealogy Apps And my Windows Defender icon is no longer on the task bar and neither is my...
  5. What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?: Today I logged into to my PC and the Desktop has completely changed. I am showing on the screenshot what it is now. And when I click "start" none of my apps are there, nor are my Genealogy Apps And my Windows Defender icon is no longer on the task bar and neither is my...
  6. What happened to my Windows 10 Desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. what happened to my desktop?

what happened to my desktop?: In the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, there is a notification icon. CLICK on it and TURN OFF Tablet Mode and the Desktop will magically appear. this also seemed to get rid of the error 0x80004005 for windows 10. hope this helps...
  8. What's happenning with my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's happenning with my laptop: Hey. since last month im having some issues in my laptop, like my mouse is very slow and kinda have of "input lag" aswell my games are delayed and since then it continues and everyday is worst. I tried everything, i resetted my pc 3 TIMES, upgraded drivers, installed...
  9. What happened to my desktop?

What happened to my desktop?: I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?...
  10. My desktop suddenly disappeared. What happened and how to recover?

in Windows 10 Support
    My desktop suddenly disappeared. What happened and how to recover?: My personalized desktop suddenly disappeared a few days ago. I was doing nothing unusual when it changed to a format I am totally unfamiliar with. All of my icons are gone except for my icons in the taskbar. This changed desktop is very strange. As you might have detected, I...