Windows 10: What happened to my computer?

Discus and support What happened to my computer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so i was using the windows 10 october update 1309 and closed a program when suddenly, the google chrome, virtualbox, and explorer.exe icons on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by papperboy3498, Dec 29, 2018.

1. What happened to my computer?

so i was using the windows 10 october update 1309 and closed a program when suddenly, the google chrome, virtualbox, and explorer.exe icons on my taskbar and my apps on the desktop dissapeared! All my folders and files on the quick launch dissapeared! My downloads folder was cleared! Half of the shortcuts were deleted! Please help me!!! Im currently on my apple tablet (iPad) to write this! I guess i will have to downgrade to another windows 10 update.

:)

papperboy3498, Dec 29, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

What happened to my computer? partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Aquinus Win User

What happened to my computer?

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

What happened to my computer?

1. What happened to my computer? - Similar Threads - happened computer

2. Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times: Hello I am having issues with my pc it crashes at random times. I have dump file listed below. "C:\Users\nickb\OneDrive\Desktop\031824-9859-01.dmp"...
  3. Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times: Hello I am having issues with my pc it crashes at random times. I have dump file listed below. "C:\Users\nickb\OneDrive\Desktop\031824-9859-01.dmp"...
  4. Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...: Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Kernel memory dumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8026111C340, 0x0Bugcheck name:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONDriver or module in which error occurred:0xfffff802`5d7e0003Bug check description:The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  5. Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...

Can anyone tell me what this crash is? Computer gets BSOD and GPU fans run 100%. Happens at...: Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP Kernel memory dumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8026111C340, 0x0Bugcheck name:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONDriver or module in which error occurred:0xfffff802`5d7e0003Bug check description:The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  6. Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...: Heya I don't know what I did but I activated something in some sort of settings called safe boot or something then it told me to restart my pc so I did and now it is doing the pin thing and when I press the reset pin twice it says "I need an app" but I can't download the app...
  7. Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...: Heya I don't know what I did but I activated something in some sort of settings called safe boot or something then it told me to restart my pc so I did and now it is doing the pin thing and when I press the reset pin twice it says "I need an app" but I can't download the app...
  8. Can you help me save my computer against the "something happened and the pin has reset" or...

9. I am getting HYPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen randomly on my Windows Computer. It mostly happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting HYPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen randomly on my Windows Computer. It mostly happens...: Specs are Ryzen 7 6800H, Nvidia RTX 3070Ti Mobile. I don't have any third-party antivirus installed. My winver is Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085. These are the 4 files I found in C:/Windows/Minidump 4 ItemsThank you....
  10. I am getting HYPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen randomly on my Windows Computer. It mostly happens...

I am getting HYPERVISOR_ERROR bluescreen randomly on my Windows Computer. It mostly happens...: Specs are Ryzen 7 6800H, Nvidia RTX 3070Ti Mobile. I don't have any third-party antivirus installed. My winver is Windows 11 23H2 22631.3085. These are the 4 files I found in C:/Windows/Minidump 4 ItemsThank you....