Windows 10: what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and...

Discus and support what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an issue where my PC would not start up, i kept getting the error code 0xc00000f. i tried multiple possible fixes but none of them worked. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamie simspon, Nov 16, 2019.

1. what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and...

I had an issue where my PC would not start up, i kept getting the error code 0xc00000f. i tried multiple possible fixes but none of them worked. i ended up resorting to reinstalling windows completely.

I downloaded windows 10 installer onto a USB and started the setup. i chose to do the custom installation because the upgrade option didn't work, in the custom installation there was an option to save the previous version of windows to a windows.old folder, i didn't choose this option because i didn't know that this was referring to all my data as well. after windows finished installing i booted up my PC only to find all my files missing.

I did however notice that my hard drive was only recognized as having 465.30gb of total space after the installation but my hard drive is actually 1.5tb big. I thought that maybe my data was sitting on a hidden partition but after searching for hidden partitions in settings and using software like easeUS data recovery i didn't find any.

my questions is: was my data saved onto a hidden partition that i am unable to access if i didn't save to the windows.old file, and if so is there any way to access it without having to use data recovery software.

:)

jamie simspon, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Aquinus Win User

Computer Won't Reboot - AMD Data Change...Updata New Data to DMI

If he is getting stuck at verifying DMI pool data, that means his BIOS isn't finishing the POST process before it's hanging up. Although I'm confused now because he said he tried re-installing windows which would indicate that the machine is getting through the entire POST process.

I'm confused now. I think we need a better, more descriptive version of what exactly is happening.

Maybe a full step by step process of what is happening?

Aquinus, Nov 16, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 16, 2019
  4. what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and...

Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and...

1. what happened to my data if i didn't save to windows.old during custom installation, and... - Similar Threads - happened data didn't

2. What happened and Will my save come back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened and Will my save come back?: I opened up my pc and the xbox app, and i wanted to continue playing atomic heart, but it said i needed to update it and i did, but instead of updating it, my game just tried reinstalling itself completely, and when i tried to stop the download my game got deleted off the...
  3. What happened and Will my save come back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened and Will my save come back?: I opened up my pc and the xbox app, and i wanted to continue playing atomic heart, but it said i needed to update it and i did, but instead of updating it, my game just tried reinstalling itself completely, and when i tried to stop the download my game got deleted off the...
  4. What happened to my friend's old computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my friend's old computer: My friend on scratch.mit.edu/users/WindowsNTPowershell Once had a blue screen of death. It all started when he was playing Roblox and suddenly his screen flashed green, blue, and red, His screen went black for 1 minute then a BSOD showed up. he forgot the error code and I...
  5. What data is saved on a Windows Re-install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What data is saved on a Windows Re-install?: On the Windows Re-install - the one that saves all of you personal data - I was wondering exactly what is saved? Is it just a few folders, like Documents, Pictures, Music and things like that - or is there considerably more data saved. OR PERHAPS, maybe I should be askikng...
  6. What data is saved on a Windows Re-install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What data is saved on a Windows Re-install?: On the Windows Re-install - the one that saves all of you personal data - I was wondering exactly what is saved? Is it just a few folders, like Documents, Pictures, Music and things like that - or is there considerably more data saved. OR PERHAPS, maybe I should be askikng...
  7. What data is saved on a Windows Re-install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. What happened to Customer service ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to Customer service ?: Hello, my username was less of a concern at the moment. i want to prioritize typing this post first and worry about that later.for reasons, the phone customer service providers microsoft used to have are no longer available to the public.i don't appreciate it. but to whoever...
  9. What’s happening to my installation?????

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s happening to my installation?????: Windows apps problem - I am incredibly confused,I’m trying to download halo MCC rn, I’ve set my default save location to my my second hdd but the file size suggests it is not on that drive, on my c drive the free space is suddenly significantly low and it looks like the game...
  10. Edge didn't synced old data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge didn't synced old data: Hi, I reinstall my windows 10 but when I install edge and login with my account it didn't sync my old data all my bookmarks are gone, anyone know how can I fix that? submitted by /u/S_kanwarjeet [link] [comments]...