Windows 10: What happened to my desktop?

Discus and support What happened to my desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DRS_271, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DRS_271 Win User

What happened to my desktop?

I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?

:)

DRS_271, Aug 2, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 2, 2018
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 2, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to my desktop? - Similar Threads - happened desktop

2. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  3. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  4. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  6. Desktop Windows Manager Crashing - Happening sporadically and repeatedly when playing games

Desktop Windows Manager Crashing - Happening sporadically and repeatedly when playing games: Hello There,Starting on 12/9/2023 my PC started experiencing a type of crash I've not experienced before while playing Fortnite. On 12/15/2023 I installed City Skylines: II which from the Xbox PC Game Pass app and began playing 12/14/23, but only a couple of times. Starting...
  7. Desktop Windows Manager Crashing - Happening sporadically and repeatedly when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Windows Manager Crashing - Happening sporadically and repeatedly when playing games: Hello There,Starting on 12/9/2023 my PC started experiencing a type of crash I've not experienced before while playing Fortnite. On 12/15/2023 I installed City Skylines: II which from the Xbox PC Game Pass app and began playing 12/14/23, but only a couple of times. Starting...
  8. Desktop Windows Manager Crashing - Happening sporadically and repeatedly when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden: Randomly today a few minutes ago I noticed a green check mark on all my icons then it changed to a little square with 2 guys wearing a blue and green shirt and that usually indicates shared files but I haven’t shared anything....
  10. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden: Randomly today a few minutes ago I noticed a green check mark on all my icons then it changed to a little square with 2 guys wearing a blue and green shirt and that usually indicates shared files but I haven’t shared anything....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What happened to desktop

2. what happened to my old desktop

3. what happened to my windows desktop!!