Windows 10: What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?

Discus and support What happened to my desktop's icon spacing? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi - suddenly my desktop icons have a crazy margin between them, including the vertical spacing (on the pic you are seeing the closest that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smetanka-money, Aug 19, 2022.

1. What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?

/u/smetanka-money, Aug 19, 2022

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 19, 2022
  4. What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?

Space allotted to desktop icons

Hi Bob,

Windows 10 have various options to personalize your PC based on your liking. To help us provide the appropriate steps on how to make the changes that you want, we would like to ask for additional details. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of your Windows 10 device?
    • Can you please provide a screenshot of the desktop icon having an extra space?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the settings before this occurred?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?

1. What happened to my desktop's icon spacing? - Similar Threads - happened desktop's icon

2. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  3. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  4. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  5. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  6. What is happening to my storage space?

What is happening to my storage space?: So I tried to download warframe again and my storage space was 107GB then it jumped to 72GB and then the game started downloading from the jumped to 72GB as if the other GBs didn't exist. I don't know why this is happening....
  7. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  8. What happened to my icons?

What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  9. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. What happened to my desktop Icons, everything is gone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my desktop Icons, everything is gone?: Everything is gone from my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-my-desktop-icons-everything-is/d71d8b95-b5e7-4d48-b150-c9f60cd75919