Windows 10: What happened to my disk space?

Discus and support What happened to my disk space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wasn't connected to the internet when this happenedI deleted 2.7GB from my diskI only got 100mb extra free spaceWhat happened to the other 2.6GB?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nnly, May 9, 2021.

1. nnly Win User

What happened to my disk space?

I wasn't connected to the internet when this happenedI deleted 2.7GB from my diskI only got 100mb extra free spaceWhat happened to the other 2.6GB? What's using it?

:)

nnly, May 9, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, May 9, 2021
  3. My disk space is gone

Hi John,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Try to run theSystem Maintenance Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select view all on the top left corner.

• Click System Maintenance,
      follow onscreen instructions.
    I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.
    For reference:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC:

Tips to free up drive space on your PC

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 9, 2021
  4. What happened to my disk space?

Low Disk Space error

Hi,

I suggest you to delete the unwanted applications or games installed on the device and also perform a Disk Cleanup.

In order to delete the games or applications, which has been downloaded from the Windows Store you need to right click on the game and select
    Uninstall option from the Start menu.

If the games that you are downloaded are .exe or the applications which are not downloaded from the Windows Store, you may try deleting it from the Control panel.

To do so, please follow the below steps.

• Right Click on Start Menu.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Click on the programs that you would like to uninstall.
    I suggest you to try the steps in the following article to free up space and check if it helps.

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Also, refer to the Wiki Article created by
    Andre Da Costa
    from the below link:

How to free up disk space in Windows

How to free up disk space in Windows

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 9, 2021
Thema:

What happened to my disk space?

1. What happened to my disk space? - Similar Threads - happened disk space

2. What is happening to my storage space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my storage space?: So I tried to download warframe again and my storage space was 107GB then it jumped to 72GB and then the game started downloading from the jumped to 72GB as if the other GBs didn't exist. I don't know why this is happening....
  3. What is happening to my storage space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to my storage space?: So I tried to download warframe again and my storage space was 107GB then it jumped to 72GB and then the game started downloading from the jumped to 72GB as if the other GBs didn't exist. I don't know why this is happening....
  4. What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened to my desktop's icon spacing?: [ATTACH] Hi - suddenly my desktop icons have a crazy margin between them, including the vertical spacing (on the pic you are seeing the closest that the top row can be to the bottom row). I am running powertoys, did I press some shortcut accidentally? Cannot figure out how...
  5. Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!: Having this issue AGAIN. Had 417 GB free, now it's to the point where it fluctuates between 414 and 413 GB. At first I thought it was because I have Steam on my computer, but I can't think of any reason for it to cause me to be continuously losing space like I have been. I...
  6. Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Again, what is eating all of my disk space?!: Having this issue AGAIN. Had 417 GB free, now it's to the point where it fluctuates between 414 and 413 GB. At first I thought it was because I have Steam on my computer, but I can't think of any reason for it to cause me to be continuously losing space like I have been. I...
  7. What happens if i format my hard disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happens if i format my hard disk?: I bought a HP laptop preinstalled with windows10 Pro. I downloaded an android emulator called Bluestacks and it messed up my screen with blurry colours. I have done a clean reset and install of windows but my screen is still messed up with discolouration. I guess the app...
  8. What happened to my free disk space ?

What happened to my free disk space ?: Among other problems, last update brought my attention on my root disk space. I have a 447GB SSD partitioned in two, OS(C:) partition of 96.5GB and data(E:) of 349GB As the screenshot shows, I currently have 15GB of free space on the C: disk. Though, I only find the...
  9. What is filling up my disk space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is filling up my disk space?: I ran disk cleanup, the total file size in my C drive is 58.2GB But my 100GB SSD has only 14GB left, any idea what is hogging the disk space? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-filling-up-my-disk-space/ceab9082-20b6-4d23-8e6a-72a6c6b6321b"
  10. What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?

What happens if i deleted my "compress os files" under clean disk space?: Hi i was just wondering what would happen if i deleted my compress os files because i don't want to delete any files i have on my laptop. I have recently been experiencing some issues with my laptop. It keeps running at 100% CPU just when opening up google. I was told if i...