Windows 10: What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows???

Discus and support What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows??? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is odd. I have room for, say, a dozen tabs to be visible at a time. If I open more tabs by clicking the "+" button on the tab navigation area,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iamc3k, Oct 13, 2018.

1. iamc3k Win User

What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows???

This is odd.

I have room for, say, a dozen tabs to be visible at a time. If I open more tabs by clicking the "+" button on the tab navigation area, then I would get a "<" over on the left, as the first tab disappears (due to lack of room). In fact, if I open 4 dozen tabs, I'd get a "<" on the left and a ">" on the right and I could scroll left and right and find any of my 4 dozen tabs.

Now? The scrolling buttons are gone. If I open more tabs than I can see, I have to close or remove tabs in order to get the ones on the left to repopulate my header.

How do I get the scroll buttons back?

Why did they disappear?

Thanks,
    Ken

:)

iamc3k, Oct 13, 2018

2. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Back arrow

In Internet Explorer, when my cursor hovered over the "Back" arrow, a list of recent pages would drop down. I can't make this happen with Edge. Any suggestions?

StanWilsonXU, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

Thema:

1. What happened to my Edge left/right navigation arrows??? - Similar Threads - happened Edge left

2. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  3. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  4. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  5. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  6. What happened to my RESIZE arrows???

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to my RESIZE arrows???: So frustrated this morning to see resize arrow missing on BOTH of my home and work computers. Is this a new windows update? So FRUSTRATING that Windows cant manage its basic function which is windows and file copy and get worse with every update. [ATTACH]...
  7. Right and left arrow keys not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right and left arrow keys not working properly: Hi there. I am facing a problem with laptop keyboard. Right and left arrow keys are not working properly. Whenever I press them it won't move or move too farther....
  8. Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work: Got a weird problem where the left and right arrow keys don't work anywhere in Windows: for games, word processing, browsing, or anything else... except when I use them in conjunction with a keyboard shortcut for example, ctrl+right or alt+right does what it's supposed to...
  9. Winkey + Left/Right arrow not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winkey + Left/Right arrow not working correctly: When I press win+left arrow I expect current program to snap to the left side of the screen and after that I expect windows to show me all other programs so I can pin one to the right side of the screen. But the second part (show me all other programs so I can pin one to the...
  10. Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to change the Ctrl+(left or right arrow) navigation behavior?: I mean using Ctrl + either left of right arrow to move through words. The default behavior ignores underscore (_) as a word delimiter. Is it possible to edit the registry so that it doesn't ignore underscores? submitted by /u/Yearlaren [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge restore left right arrows

2. what happened to my left and right navigation button in edge