Windows 10: What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon?

Discus and support What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I re-installed Win 10 yesterday on my laptop, and the taskbar has bugged out. I updated all the drivers and all the win updates available it says I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jareth100, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jareth100 Win User

What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon?

I re-installed Win 10 yesterday on my laptop, and the taskbar has bugged out. I updated all the drivers and all the win updates available it says I'm up to date now. But it keeps looking like this:Icons are overlapping, sometimes repeating itself, this scroll icon won't go away and sometimes nothing shows up on the bar at all and it's just a blank line. and looks like this:I tried so many solutions I found on this forum, nothing works

:)

Jareth100, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Taskbar Scroll Bar Removal

Hi Nick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the below mentioned steps and check if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty area of the Windows taskbar. Click to clear the checkmark from the "Lock the Taskbar" option if needed.
    • Then right-click an empty area of the taskbar, and then select "Properties."
    • Click to place a check in the "Group Similar Taskbar Buttons" box. Click "Apply" followed by "OK" to confirm the changes. This option combines multiple instances of the same application into a single taskbar button. If this does not remove the scroll arrows,
      continue to the next step.
    • Hover your mouse cursor over the border between the Windows taskbar and the desktop until a double-arrow icon replaces the standard pointer.
    • Click the taskbar border and drag it upward to double the height of the taskbar. Any icons on the second row will be displayed, and the scroll arrows will vanish.

Keep us posted for any concerns with windows, we're glad to assist you.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 16, 2021
  4. What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon?

NIGHTMARE icon in windows taskbar

Ok ... this is really an annoying thingy in Windows Vista that till today. My top wish list is to solve this !!! *Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

See attached pic ... for eg. open My Computer ... icon is of course as shown - the My Computer default Vista icon ... after you browse? *swoosh* kind of black magic ... it changes to that icon with the green arrow ... browsing back to My Computer it remains like that ... with the green arrow!!!

This happens to any and all folders ! ... When you load it ... it comes up with the default folder ... after exporing through folder it changes ... and remains like that.

For info : have tried a fresh installation of Vista to make sure that no bug got in. So must be some DAMN Vista settings

Thanks mates ... hope you enjoy this puzzle !

ragingspeed, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon?

1. What happened to my taskbar?? bugged and scroll icon? - Similar Threads - happened taskbar bugged

2. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  3. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my icons?: I was on google then when I closed it, my screen was filled with large icons, mostly with programs I’ve never heard of like among us, “interactual player” “3DObjects shortcut, “ultraviewer” and “GoTeeting” and bluestacks” and there are several google chrome icons with my...
  4. What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?

What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?: So I updated to windows 11 and now all the things I had pinned to my taskbar are gone, only the original 22 items are shown on the taskbar, help would be very appreciated....
  5. What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?: So I updated to windows 11 and now all the things I had pinned to my taskbar are gone, only the original 22 items are shown on the taskbar, help would be very appreciated....
  6. What happened to my icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my icons?: What happened to my icons? About a dozen disappeared, some new ones were added that don't do anything and they were rearranged. Was there a problem with an update? I don't know how I'm going to rebuild what I had. This is a mess....
  7. What is happening to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my taskbar?: As you can see the weather is glitching, also then it back to normal and glitch again.Also when I click it it just restart File explorer.What is happening? Why? How I solve it?My Laptop features:OS: Windows 10Laptot model: Packbard bellx64...
  8. What is happening to my taskbar?

What is happening to my taskbar?: As you can see the weather is glitching, also then it back to normal and glitch again.Also when I click it it just restart File explorer.What is happening? Why? How I solve it?My Laptop features:OS: Windows 10Laptot model: Packbard bellx64...
  9. What is happening to my taskbar?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Icons in Taskbar become different, what happen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in Taskbar become different, what happen?: Hi, I newly found out that the icons in taskbar became bigger than before, and they are sorted into a straight line instead of boxes, is this a new change of win 10? ver 20h2 If it is a new change,, is there any way to scaling them to the middle of the taskbar? Thank...