Windows 10: What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

Discus and support What happened to my "This PC Download" ??? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As a photographer, I download a lot of material - my files go into folders that are dated 'June 2022" and so on - and ALWAYS put them in the This PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonathanGiudice, Jun 27, 2022.

1. What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

As a photographer, I download a lot of material - my files go into folders that are dated 'June 2022" and so on - and ALWAYS put them in the This PC Download" which has unaccountably disappeared - instead, I see iCloud Drive - which is funny since I no longer have an iPhone - I understand I should have uninstalled it, but it's what it is. I am seeing three Download shortcuts on my desktop and I am ASTONISHED as to how and when this happened. Did something happen at MS that I am unaware of?? I have spent HOURS today trying to figure this out - so PLEASE HELP! Thanks very much in advance.

:)

JonathanGiudice, Jun 27, 2022

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 27, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

What happened to my "This PC Download" ???

1. What happened to my "This PC Download" ??? - Similar Threads - happened Download

2. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  3. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  4. Can't download Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. error: Something happened...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. error: Something happened...: As the title says. I can't download the Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. It saying "Something happened on our end". I'm on Windows 11 23H2 OS Build: 22631.2715.just re-installed Windows today. But widget was not working so I uninstalled the Windows Web...
  5. Can't download Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. error: Something happened...

Can't download Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. error: Something happened...: As the title says. I can't download the Windows Web Experience Pack from Microsoft Store. It saying "Something happened on our end". I'm on Windows 11 23H2 OS Build: 22631.2715.just re-installed Windows today. But widget was not working so I uninstalled the Windows Web...
  6. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...: I wanted to use the Xbox app, but it says it needs an update. So its making me go into the Microsoft store to do that, but every time I try to I keep getting. Something has happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest. I don't even know what that means. I have tried...
  7. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...: I wanted to use the Xbox app, but it says it needs an update. So its making me go into the Microsoft store to do that, but every time I try to I keep getting. Something has happened. Unknown layout specified in manifest. I don't even know what that means. I have tried...
  8. 'Something has Happened' error every time I click on the Downloads and Updates in Microsoft...

9. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5
  10. how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.

how do I open a downloaded file? When I click on a downloaded file to open it, nothing happens.: How do I open a downloaded file? After downloading, when I click on the file to open it, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-a-downloaded-file-when-i-click-on-a/6e7c7489-45cb-49b5-b2b9-63fcf5664bb5