Windows 10: What happened to my USB drive? Explorer doesn't show it for no reason

Discus and support What happened to my USB drive? Explorer doesn't show it for no reason in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 version 1909 I know for a FACT that it is not the USB's fault - the USB works fine and it seems to be okay in Device Manager too. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IDKAGN, Jun 23, 2020.

1. IDKAGN Win User

What happened to my USB drive? Explorer doesn't show it for no reason

Windows 10 x64 version 1909

I know for a FACT that it is not the USB's fault - the USB works fine and it seems to be okay in Device Manager too. I can even use it with other programmes and other operating systems. It just doesn't show in Windows Explorer. I am using a standard USB for storage. Does anyone know what is going on here?

:)

IDKAGN, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Jun 23, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

What happened to my USB drive? Explorer doesn't show it for no reason [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

1. What happened to my USB drive? Explorer doesn't show it for no reason - Similar Threads - happened USB drive

2. What happened to my laptop that doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my laptop that doesn't open?: I was just picking my laptop up to do something and it suddenly shuts down so I tried pressing the power button again but it doesn't light up. It was full, I just charged it. But I charged the laptop again anyways. The power button lights up but when I press it, it doesn't...
  3. What happened to my laptop that doesn't open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to my laptop that doesn't open?: I was just picking my laptop up to do something and it suddenly shuts down so I tried pressing the power button again but it doesn't light up. It was full, I just charged it. But I charged the laptop again anyways. The power button lights up but when I press it, it doesn't...
  4. What is happening to my E-drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my E-drive?: What is the "WindowsApp" folder doing in my drive E? So I download my games in drive E. Previously it was only Bluestacks Fifa Mobile but yesterday I downloaded the game World of tanks Blitz 8 gb via Chrome. then I downloaded a game World of Warships which is from the same...
  5. Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?: I have a USB Drive, 64GB, but it doesn't show on the File Explorar. I tried to format the drive but nothing. What can the problem be? Here's a screenshotThe first two are my SSD and HDD. The two next ones are part of the USB Drive. I also tried to combine E: with Kingston...
  6. Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Doesn't Windows Show My USB Drive?: I have a USB Drive, 64GB, but it doesn't show on the File Explorar. I tried to format the drive but nothing. What can the problem be? Here's a screenshotThe first two are my SSD and HDD. The two next ones are part of the USB Drive. I also tried to combine E: with Kingston...
  7. New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New USB Drive Doesn't Show on Network: I'm running Windows 10 version 1909 on a couple of refurbished computers; a laptop and a PC. I have them connected together on a Windows Home Network. I just bought a USB hard drive which I plugged into the PC. On the PC it shows up as drive E:, (in fact, oddly, it shows up...
  8. usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb drive doesn't show on windows explorer: Hi, I have two questions: 1) One of my usb drives doesn't show up on Windows Explorer, but does on Disk Partition Manager. Referred some other posts to try changing the drive letter but unable to do so. Months ago, encountered this and managed to find a reference to solve...
  9. USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed: I have a USB floppy drive that I connected to my Windows 10 laptop, when I was in the "This PC" folder, it would show up when I connected the drive. But today, it doesn't show up on "This PC", until I refresh the "This PC" window. I have not updated my Windows. I don't know...
  10. Whats happened to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whats happened to my hard drive?: I have two disks, one 256gb SSD which my OS was installed on. The other is a 1tb HDD that had all my data on. I just "refreshed" windows using the delete all option. When asked, I selected only erase the disk containing my OS Now the reinstall is done, my HDD seems to be...