Windows 10: What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

Discus and support What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app? in Cortana to solve the problem; I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FP2007, Nov 16, 2018.

1. FP2007 Win User

What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

I've been using the Android Cortana app to sync notification to Windows 10 and until a couple of days ago it was working (most of the time). Then the Android app got an update to 3.0.0 and now all the notification sync options are completely gone from the app (I can't find them anyway), and I've not had a notification be synced since.

Is notification syncing gone now? Is it coming back? What is going on?

:)

FP2007, Nov 16, 2018
  2. siavash.m Win User

Problem with cortana sync notification between android and windows 10

thank you

i do this steps what i said before but like screenshot there isn't any "app notification" checkbox. I sync my missed call and phone notifications but i can't sync app notification ,thats a problem!

plz help

siavash.m, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Problem with cortana sync notification between android and windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• On Android, download and install the Cortana app from the Google Play store
    • Using the Cortana app on the Android phone, tap the hamburger menu on the top left corner and select
      Settings.
    • Tap Sync Notifications and enable the notifications you'd like to see on your Windows 10 PC.
    • You can turn on all the notifications by selecting missed call notifications, incoming message notifications, low battery notifications, and app notifications.
    • If you enable app notifications sync, you can customize which apps to sync. This is useful in controlling the number of notifications you receive. For example, if you already have a app on your PC, you probably don't want to
      receive your phone's notifications on your PC. During setup, the Android device will ask permission to give notification access to Cortana.
    • The notifications show up on your Windows 10 PC with your phone's name in the header. Missed calls and incoming message notifications are also actionable. A default message that says "I'll get back to you soon," can be quickly
      sent from within Action Center, but you can also edit it to make it more personal. You can also reply to your incoming messages from your PC.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 16, 2018
  4. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

Cortana: no option to enable app notification sync on android

Hi all,

I successfully set up Cortana on my PC and my Sony Xperia E4 (Android 4.4.4).

However in the Cortana android app i do not see the option to enable app specific notifications. Listed are only missed call, incoming message, and low battery notifications.

Ideally I would like to recieve a notification on my PC when i receive a whatsapp message on my phone for example.

I'm based in the Netherlands. Is app notification sync a location specific feature? Or is it because the phone is running Andorid KitKat?

PC is updated to latest Creators Update.

Thanks in advance.

A. W. Abbasi, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app?

1. What happened to notification syncing in Android Cortana app? - Similar Threads - happened notification syncing

2. What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the Voice Command, Hey Cortana?: The "Hey Cortana!" Feature was on Windows 10! Can you please put it on Windows 11, please? I would really appreciate it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-voice-command-hey-cortana/ffd8cc1d-8ee4-47de-9470-d3c266c2f86e
  3. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CORTANA???: After a recent update Cortana dies not work like it use to before the update. My laptop has windows 10 pro installed on it. Windows 10 pro is up to date. I have reset my pc but this did not fix the issue with Cortana. I wish I had not have reset windows 10. I lost some...
  4. cortana app sync notifiction with pc

in Cortana
    cortana app sync notifiction with pc: this is my pc version . Im a developer , so for me i always used cortana to sync my notifications and all from my andriod phone with my pc earlier. latestly i changed my phone . i got tried it in my new phone. i couldn't find cortana in appstore later i downloaded an apk...
  5. what happened to the cortana app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to the cortana app: since last update, lost cortana app. only have circle on task bar the cortana app is not avail at MS store. what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-cortana-app/ebde91f8-c8d9-41fc-a9ef-be6244db119a
  6. what happened to Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happened to Cortana?: is Cortana disabled in build 2020? submitted by /u/mayagrafix [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ev0e56/what_happened_to_cortana/
  7. Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC

in Cortana
    Not receiving Cortana (Android) notifications on my PC: I have done everything required to receive android phone notifications via Cortana app on the pc but I am not getting any notifications. If I set a reminder it works fine but messages/ call notifications do not show up on my PC[ATTACH] Windows 10 home ,Version:1803 , Build:...
  8. Cortana suddenly not syncing texts from Android to PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana suddenly not syncing texts from Android to PC: Being able to get texts to pop-up on my PC, and then responding is one feature that I've always enjoyed. But ever since yesterday as of this post they just stopped syncing to my PC when I first get them, and only finally appear after I restart. I've checked all Windows...
  9. Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeat Notifications sent from Cortana on Android Phone: I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but Cortana on my Android phone is sending multiple notifications of text messages, missed calls, etc. to my Windows 10 machine. As few as two to as much as five of a repeat notifications will be received by my machine....
  10. Windows 10 Issues with Cortana, Sync, notifications and mousepad :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Issues with Cortana, Sync, notifications and mousepad :(: Hey everyone! I just purchased a new Toshiba i7 laptop after my 7 year old windows 7 Toshiba crashed and burned. For the first few days everything seemed bug free but lately (about 2 weeks in with this) my machine has developed some bugs. Cortana works 50% of time it seems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats happenend to the notifucations on my android phone

2. no sync notifications option on cortana

3. cortana app on android no sync option

4. cortana no option to sync notifications,
  5. what happened to my notifications in Cortana for news,
  6. notifications on cortana android