Windows 10: What happened to Optional Updates?

Discus and support What happened to Optional Updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Does anybody know what happens to what (in Windows 8.1 ) were called "Optional Updates" in Windows Update? Are these pushed automatically along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Elizabeth Win User

What happened to Optional Updates?

Does anybody know what happens to what (in Windows 8.1 ) were called "Optional Updates" in Windows Update? Are these pushed automatically along with "Important Updates"? If not, how do we get them?

:)

Elizabeth, Jul 31, 2015

2. What happened to the "internet options" and Cortana

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot add trusted sites in Edge. Please use the Feedback app and send your queries.

You can try this by adding the trusted sits in Internet Explorer and then try checking on Microsoft Edge as a workaround.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 31, 2015
  3. What happened to the "internet options" and Cortana

Thank You,

I think I'll have to study Win 10 What happened to Optional Updates? :)

How about Cortana? (second question)

TIA

Corry

CorryHelmond, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. This did not answer the question. Unfortunately the new windows update is less transparent than ever. I have had many annoyances with its lack of settings. Why bury it in group policy, or trick windows with metered connections. The win7 version of update was so much simpler for advanced users such as myself.

And yes i have been through both the above tutorials from start to finish. This is more of a complaint rather then a request for help. I still have not found a simple way to clearly differentiate windows critical updates from optional updates in windows 10 nor have a i found an easy way to select which updates to install/uninstall (keyword being EASY). Win7 update was much easier to navigate/control. Why change it *Sad

ajyerly613, Nov 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello AJ,

There currently isn't a way that I'm aware of to be able pick and choose which updates to install in Windows 10 other than to manually hide the ones you do not want to install.

Brink, Nov 3, 2015
  7. TrustMe Win User
    I use Windows Update MiniTool. Give it a try, I really like it.

Windows Update MiniTool Download - Softpedia

TrustMe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. What happened to Optional Updates? - Similar Threads - happened Optional Updates

2. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  3. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  4. What happened with the 100 robux option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened with the 100 robux option?: What happened with the 100 robux option? i recently just saved up for it but now its not there anymore. I really wanna buy it but the other options there too, like the 200,400 options aren't there either. So what happened to it??...
  5. What happened with the 100 robux option?

What happened with the 100 robux option?: What happened with the 100 robux option? i recently just saved up for it but now its not there anymore. I really wanna buy it but the other options there too, like the 200,400 options aren't there either. So what happened to it??...
  6. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  7. What happened to my WiFi options?

What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  8. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. what happened to the distill google chrome option

in Browsers and Email
    what happened to the distill google chrome option: Anyone have the 411 on why this is no longer an option. I used it extensively. Google Chrome is up to date Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). It would appear that I am not the only one who discovered it's absence: Reader Mode Not Availabe - Google Chrome Help...
  10. What Happened to the Standard Help Option

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happened to the Standard Help Option: Any time I try to use the question mark icon on the upper right side of the screen I get Cortana. When I type in a question, I just get to the Edge browser and the results of a search. Here is the Windows 8.1 result when I click the question mark on File Explorer page:...