Windows 10: What happened to snippet and winzip

Discus and support What happened to snippet and winzip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I mean the Snipping tool. After I reset the Windows and then started to build everything (software) back up I noticed it was not there anymore. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lou Reed, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Bree New Member

What happened to snippet and winzip

Some Windows built-in features are optional and can be removed/added back by the user in 'Manage optional features' (IE and Media Player are optional). Snipping Tool isn't an option, it should be there.

It may be that the Start Menu is incomplete and doesn't list it, the actual .exe for the tool should be found at:
    %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe

2. bro67 Win User

I gave you the link about the Snipping Tool. See post #4. You are making this harder on yourself by arguing about it, when we have given you enough information to look it up to help you close this, instead of dragging it out.

bro67, Oct 26, 2017
  3. Lou Reed Win User
    Okay. But please understand that I am only trying to be careful. I had no intention of arguing. I appreciate the answers. I am just baffled as to what happened to my snipping tool.

I am a little reluctant to install something directly from a download on the web. I will try it, but understand it goes all of my training.

But please do not think that I am not grateful for the help. I am.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Lou Reed Win User

When I tried to install the snipping tool from the website address in post #4, it started asking for my email address. and then gave me the option of "add extension". I had no idea what they were talking about and so I said no which cancelled the download and the install.

Is this stuff supposed to happen? It sees like I was trying to be tricked into agreeing to something that I might regret.

Is this the only website that actually has the snipping tool ready for download and install?

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 27, 2017
  5. davidhk Win User
    Lou Reed,
    This reply is not meant to solve your Snipping Tool issue.
    This reply is to offer you a more Advanced and FREE screen-capture program which I have been using for years.
    It is called Picpick.
    It is very easy to use and it offers many options for screen capturing.
    PicPick - von NGWIN, Alles-in-Einem Zeichenwerkzeug: Bildschirmfotos, Bildbearbeitung, Farbwähler, Pixel-Lineal und mehr
    Pick the For Home Users free download

Give it a try. You might end up saying " What snipping tool ? "

davidhk, Oct 27, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Look in Start, windows, accessories.

cereberus, Oct 28, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    I use Lightshot for Windows, brain dead easy to use. Interface is very intuitive and many tutorial vids. Some browsers offer it as an add-on but that only works on web pages. The tiny, full program will enable a screenshot for everything, no email req'd or ads -
    Lightshot — screenshot tool for Mac & Win

mrgeek, Oct 28, 2017
  8. bro67 Win User

First off you are not downloading the Snippet Tool from anywhere, you are just reinstalling it, since it resides on the OS in a folder for the system. Second off, if you downloaded Windows, you do realize that 7-zip has been downloaded by millions of users and is used over Winzip, since it is light weight and is used for all available file types, even .rar. There is no website to download the Snipping Tool from, because if you had gone to the one link about it, it tells you how to find it.

bro67, Oct 28, 2017
  9. Lou Reed Win User
    I reinstalled Windows 10 with the new update and everything is fine. I am unable to determine if I am still running windows 10 Pro. I go to system then click on about and it is not there. I used to run build 1703, I do not know what build I am running now.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 28, 2017
  10. clam1952 Win User
    Should be in C:\WINDOWS\system32\SnippingTool.exe, I have it here in win10 pro.

clam1952, Oct 28, 2017
  11. davidhk Win User
    Several ways to find out.
    Here is one of them.........
    In the Cortana search bar, type winver > Enter.
    It will tell you what you have.

What happened to snippet and winzip [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 28, 2017
  12. Lou Reed Win User
    Yes, I was clumsy and did not read the whole line after clicking about. All the info is further down the page. Was this a free upgrade, I never was asked to pay for anything during this upgrade install.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Lou Reed, Oct 29, 2017
  13. clam1952 Win User

Win10 Upgrades are all free.

clam1952, Oct 29, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    Maybe for not much longer. MS have announced assistive upgrade will end on 31/12/17.

cereberus, Oct 29, 2017
  15. Winuser Win User
    Are you sure you wasn't trying to download 7-Zip from post #5?

Winuser, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

1. What happened to snippet and winzip - Similar Threads - happened snippet winzip

2. Snipping Tool not opening snippet when snippet notification pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not opening snippet when snippet notification pressed: Been using Snippet Tool on daily basis for a while. But couple weeks ago I got som issues with the tool that I haven't resolved yet.So my procedure is:1. Ctrl + Win + s2. Mark area to take snippet.3. Click on the notification to open Snipping tool4. Edit snippetMy issue is...
  3. Winzip for Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Winzip for Microsoft: Did anyone else have the Winzip program corrupt your files 500000+ and then did they ignore you for 17 days. This is a blatant ripoff. They seized my stuff and are blackmailing me for $49 or even 29-must be running out of people to screw. I never registered or gave them a...
  4. snippet tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snippet tool: Did MS just change how the snipping tool works? All of a sudden when I snip from twitter it makes it huge. Too large to fit in a twitter box. I have three computers and all of a sudden it is doing that on all three of them. Had no issues before. Mode is the same as when it...
  5. Snippets in Powershell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snippets in Powershell?: Hi, is there a way to have snippets in win10 Powershell for frequently used text? It seems to be in Powershell ISE but not Powershell. Thanks submitted by /u/moshka1000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29t4m/snippets_in_powershell/
  6. winzip

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winzip: how i reinstale winzip drivers udtade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/36f7d520-9291-4afa-ae74-54e35eba15d2
  7. WinZip

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinZip: WinZip: Microsoft charged me for an annual subscription which I did not want. PayPal refused to refund my money because I had already cancelled the subscription. I cancelled the next day after I saw the subscription had been taken by Microsoft. Now, after months, I figure...
  8. winzip

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    winzip: How to stop winzip appearing as a pop up everyday? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/winzip/1e0242b6-17e1-463b-a8df-a8ba77baf0b5
  9. WinZip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WinZip: Is WinZip a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winzip/f15e7abb-085f-4b5e-ae35-0791e7a77ec3"
  10. Snippets Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snippets Manager: Anyone know of a snippets manager that does not overwrite what's in the clipboard when a snippet is pasted. Don't say it can't be done, I have one, but its old, no longer available and its license key is based on my ethernet MAC address. Basically I want to copy a link...