Windows 10: What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?

Discus and support What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't believe that Microsoft removed the "Copy To" and "Move To" options in Windows 11 File Explorer! I used these options often! Unless I'm missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by zBernie, Nov 25, 2021.

1. zBernie Win User

What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?

I can't believe that Microsoft removed the "Copy To" and "Move To" options in Windows 11 File Explorer! I used these options often! Unless I'm missing something, Microsoft just heavy handedly removed these options!

:)

zBernie, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Internet Explorer 11 as well as Edge in Windows 10 crashes

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is
    with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Step 2: I suggest you to reset the Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Refer the below article and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Reset Internet explorer disclaimer:

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Step 3: Clear caches and cookies

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Internet Explorer 11 not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arul_D, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

1. What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer? - Similar Threads - happened Copy option

2. What happened with Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened with Windows 11?: I'm very, very disappointed with Microsoft. Windows 11 has gone backwards in its ability to do things conveniently, just as much, if not more then it has made advances. I use my computer for some of the simpler tasks, but rely on some of the convenience features for use.For...
  3. What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?: I just downloaded Windows 11. After working on a Word document in Windows 10, I could send a copy of my work to my One Drive, Dropbox, and flash drives by selecting "copy to." Now in Windows 11, it takes several steps to find "copy" and the options are limited to only another...
  4. What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?

What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?: I just downloaded Windows 11. After working on a Word document in Windows 10, I could send a copy of my work to my One Drive, Dropbox, and flash drives by selecting "copy to." Now in Windows 11, it takes several steps to find "copy" and the options are limited to only another...
  5. What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?

What happened to the "Copy To" option in Windows 11 File Explorer?: I can't believe that Microsoft removed the "Copy To" and "Move To" options in Windows 11 File Explorer! I used these options often! Unless I'm missing something, Microsoft just heavy handedly removed these options!...
  6. What happened to 'this PC' in File Explorer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    What happened to 'this PC' in File Explorer: Unless I am mistaken, there used to be a section in 'File Explorer' called 'This PC', but it does not appear on my screen any more. Was this removed?...
  7. what happened to windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what happened to windows explorer: What happened to Windows explorer. I guess an update changed it to "file explorer" which I find useless. The old explorer showed me my complete file structure including drives, network, etc. File explorer has none of this. Csn I uninstall some update to get windows...
  8. Copying files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  9. Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't copy option in Windows explorer not working: Hello all I hope someone can help please. I have never seen a solution to this problem (in mutiple years and versions of Windows) and for the life of me don't understand MS would provide functionality that doesn't work by default. The picture below is the result of copying...
  10. What happened to Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happened to Optional Updates?: Does anybody know what happens to what (in Windows 8.1 ) were called "Optional Updates" in Windows Update? Are these pushed automatically along with "Important Updates"? If not, how do we get them? 11178