Windows 10: What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

Discus and support What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a TV as a monitor on a windows 10 machine. For a while i had a problem where when I would view videos, the color and resolution of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GunterSchultz, Mar 22, 2020.

1. What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

I use a TV as a monitor on a windows 10 machine. For a while i had a problem where when I would view videos, the color and resolution of the screen would change. After much searching i managed to find out about an obscure setting in display settings named something like "Detect fullscreen video" i may be remembering the name slightly wrong and it has options for automatic or to force it to one color option or another. I fixed my issue by telling it to force to my regular desktop color and that was all fine.

At some point one of the windows updates seems to have removed or moved this feature and now i can't find it, and I'm back to having the same issue where it will change my output and color settings when opening videos or some apps microsoft store, for instance, will change my color and output resolution as long as it is open even if it is not focused.

Does this option still exist? Is there a registry setting i can tweak if it is not in a settings page?

:)

GunterSchultz, Mar 22, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Mar 22, 2020
  4. n1trox Win User

What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

1. What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting? - Similar Threads - happened Detect fullscreen

2. What happened to Video Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to Video Editor: Hi, My name is George. and I still wonder what happened to video editor on The Windows 10 Photos App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-video-editor/08f2f6bd-b04b-417d-986b-8f35380c02c3
  3. What happened to Video Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to Video Editor: Hi, My name is George. and I still wonder what happened to video editor on The Windows 10 Photos App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-video-editor/08f2f6bd-b04b-417d-986b-8f35380c02c3
  4. What Happened To Sharing Videos In Forms?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Happened To Sharing Videos In Forms?: This needs to be in the "Microsoft Forms" section, but I can't find Forms under any of the options provided.I've been creating surveys for a while with Microsoft Forms, embedding videos in my questions. Now, I am not able to embed videos. I can do an image search, get...
  5. What Happened To Sharing Videos In Forms?

What Happened To Sharing Videos In Forms?: This needs to be in the "Microsoft Forms" section, but I can't find Forms under any of the options provided.I've been creating surveys for a while with Microsoft Forms, embedding videos in my questions. Now, I am not able to embed videos. I can do an image search, get...
  6. what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings

what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings: what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-connect-to-a-wireless-display-in/5e5d0816-5084-49eb-b998-85c56e17a609
  7. what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings: what happened to connect to a wireless display in display settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-connect-to-a-wireless-display-in/5e5d0816-5084-49eb-b998-85c56e17a609
  8. What happened to the JumpListItems_Maximum setting?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to the JumpListItems_Maximum setting?: I increased my JumpListItems_Maximum setting to 30 so I could display and pin several items in the JumpList. The current Windows limit of 12 is practically useless. Invariably I'm looking for the item that just fell off the list. How can I change that so I can see more than...
  9. Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings: Hi all, Recently come across an issue at work involving a laptop with 2 attached monitors using extended display. 1 display is frozen on a pdf doc and can't even hover the mouse to that screen. Strange thing is, when i open display settings, this display isn't even...
  10. Video not Completely Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not Completely Fullscreen: So the only way i can explain this is through pics. please see attached the video does not go completely fullscreen, there is a border on top and left but not right and bottom. IT is the same with all videos, all websites all apps Imgur: The magic of the Internet 110706