Windows 10: What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

Discus and support What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a TV as a monitor on a windows 10 machine. For a while i had a problem where when I would view videos, the color and resolution of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GunterSchultz, Mar 22, 2020.

1. What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

I use a TV as a monitor on a windows 10 machine. For a while i had a problem where when I would view videos, the color and resolution of the screen would change. After much searching i managed to find out about an obscure setting in display settings named something like "Detect fullscreen video" i may be remembering the name slightly wrong and it has options for automatic or to force it to one color option or another. I fixed my issue by telling it to force to my regular desktop color and that was all fine.

At some point one of the windows updates seems to have removed or moved this feature and now i can't find it, and I'm back to having the same issue where it will change my output and color settings when opening videos or some apps microsoft store, for instance, will change my color and output resolution as long as it is open even if it is not focused.

Does this option still exist? Is there a registry setting i can tweak if it is not in a settings page?

:)

GunterSchultz, Mar 22, 2020

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Mar 22, 2020
  4. n1trox Win User

What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting?

1. What happened to the "Detect fullscreen video" display setting? - Similar Threads - happened Detect fullscreen

2. Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display screen frozen, but this display is not detected in the display settings: Hi all, Recently come across an issue at work involving a laptop with 2 attached monitors using extended display. 1 display is frozen on a pdf doc and can't even hover the mouse to that screen. Strange thing is, when i open display settings, this display isn't even...
  3. What Happened?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Happened?: This morning I went to copy the contents of my Saved Folders from my computer to my external hard drive for long-term storage. Up until this morning, my Downloads Folder's contents was arranged like this a screenshot from my External Hard Drive: [ATTACH] This morning,...
  4. what happened?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerdedg0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh6yfs/what_happened/
  5. Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Freezes in Fullscreen in HDMI: Hi Seeking desperate help. Everything works as it should when I plug in the HDMI cable to my Asus laptop both as mirror display or as extended display. However, I realise that some videos on some sites do not play in full screen. It freezes on the mirrored/extended screen...
  6. What is happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening?: I will be doing something on my computer and then the WIFI crashes and says, no internet, secured. The only way for me to fix this is pressing disconnect from my WIFI. Then, when I do that, it unchecks the connect automatically button and it won't stay checked. What do I do?...
  7. Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender 99% Detection so whats happening: Windows Security is Top Class now so why is the Forum littered with cries for help. Ransomeware, Viruses ,Trojans . I cant understand it are they on the Internet to Hell . Where do they go as kids your told dont poke your finger in the fire you will get burnt and they do it...
  8. WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!: There are these random things installing on my windows 10 computer and keeps on giving me alerts to delete them and says that its a virus and the severity is high I donk know what to do im scared please answer asap...
  9. Video not Completely Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video not Completely Fullscreen: So the only way i can explain this is through pics. please see attached the video does not go completely fullscreen, there is a border on top and left but not right and bottom. IT is the same with all videos, all websites all apps Imgur: The magic of the Internet 110706
  10. WHAT happened?

in Windows 10 Support
    WHAT happened?: At church this morning, the guy explained that he had personally designed his three year old Windows 7 tower as a gaming computer. A computer shop had them ordered the parts and assembled it, and it worked fine. About a week ago, he upgraded to Windows 10, and now he can't...