Windows 10: What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?

Discus and support What happened to the folder "My Documents" ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What happened to the folder “My Documents” in windows 10? Is it now called just plain “Documents”?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greg K11462, Nov 1, 2018.

1. What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?

What happened to the folder “My Documents” in windows 10? Is it now called just plain “Documents”?

:)

Greg K11462, Nov 1, 2018

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?

documents files and folders

Hi Paul,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What were the steps you've tried to reverse the alphabetization of files and folder name?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

What happened to the folder "My Documents" ?

1. What happened to the folder "My Documents" ? - Similar Threads - happened folder Documents

2. What happened to the multiple folder files icon on my computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened to the multiple folder files icon on my computer?: My mom was doing some stuff to try and fix my computer when it was running like molasses. But it ended up with this happening to one of the multiple folder icon. What can I do to get it back?...
  3. What happened to the multiple folder files icon on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the multiple folder files icon on my computer?: My mom was doing some stuff to try and fix my computer when it was running like molasses. But it ended up with this happening to one of the multiple folder icon. What can I do to get it back?...
  4. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  5. whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats difference between "This PC" Documents folder and c://.../documents ?: I restored files from Google drive to c://users/me/documents but the files are not visible in "This Pc/Documents"I thought those two things were the same, but it appears not......
  6. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  7. What is the equivalent of My Folder and My documents in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the equivalent of My Folder and My documents in Windows 10?: What is the equivalent of My Folder with it's subfolders such as My pictures, My documents and MyVideos in Windows 10 I have just moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I am a little confused. I can see 'This PC' has some document and pictures folders, but also there is OS C...
  8. My documents folder

My documents folder: Keeps opening up constantly while I am doing something else...how can I stop this....Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder/467e2868-f0b1-44be-b64b-bbc1371d2de1
  9. my documents folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    my documents folder: I am unable to access the my documents folder any information on how to solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-documents-folder/371f1ccf-10b6-4320-9926-c5546cf1950e
  10. What are these folders that are in my "Documents" directory?

What are these folders that are in my "Documents" directory?: So, I have noticed a long time ago that these folders appeared in my Documents directory. There are .cab files and I have a TON of them ahah. Are they safe to delete? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happened to my documents

2. what happened to my documents windows 10

3. what happened to my documents folder

4. What happened to My Documents in windows 10?,
  5. What happened to my life story on my documents