Windows 10: What happened to the power savings selector bar?

Discus and support What happened to the power savings selector bar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Win10 previously had a power-savings mode slider bar when you clicked on the battery icon in task tray. Now it only shows "battery saver" and that can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dougolicious, Nov 25, 2020.

1. What happened to the power savings selector bar?

Win10 previously had a power-savings mode slider bar when you clicked on the battery icon in task tray. Now it only shows "battery saver" and that can only be used when running on battery.

That was a really useful feature. It didn't just let me customize battery consumption, but when plugged in it let me manage heat output and maximize power available for charging the battery.

What's the story here?

submitted by /u/Dougolicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dougolicious, Nov 25, 2020

2. When I press the power button sleep, hibernated, or power down don't work my screen goes off but not my pc

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know when exactly you had received this error. Are you able to boot the computer?

The following steps detail how to change what happens when the power button is pressed.

By default the power button will tell the computer to shut down, if it is not set to shut down, please follow the below steps.

• In the Windows search box enter ‘Power Options’ and click on it when it appears in the list.
    • On the left of the window, click on the ‘Choose what power buttons do’ link
    • Under ‘When I press the power button’ choose the option you want to change it to
      Shut Down.
    • Click ‘Save changes’ to save the changes.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

After performing the power troubleshooter, please perform the steps that has been provided above.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Murthy547 Win User
    Power Saving option in nokia 2700 classic model

Hi,

How to enable power saving option in nokia 2700 classic model.

how set custom time to enter into power saving mode.

Can any one suggest what are steps to do this?

Earlier reply will be appreciated.

Murthy547, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

What happened to the power savings selector bar?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

What happened to the power savings selector bar?

1. What happened to the power savings selector bar? - Similar Threads - happened power savings

2. What happened and Will my save come back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened and Will my save come back?: I opened up my pc and the xbox app, and i wanted to continue playing atomic heart, but it said i needed to update it and i did, but instead of updating it, my game just tried reinstalling itself completely, and when i tried to stop the download my game got deleted off the...
  3. What happened and Will my save come back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened and Will my save come back?: I opened up my pc and the xbox app, and i wanted to continue playing atomic heart, but it said i needed to update it and i did, but instead of updating it, my game just tried reinstalling itself completely, and when i tried to stop the download my game got deleted off the...
  4. What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?: I just downloaded Windows 11. After working on a Word document in Windows 10, I could send a copy of my work to my One Drive, Dropbox, and flash drives by selecting "copy to." Now in Windows 11, it takes several steps to find "copy" and the options are limited to only another...
  5. What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?

What happened to the "Copy" feature options for saving files in WORD?: I just downloaded Windows 11. After working on a Word document in Windows 10, I could send a copy of my work to my One Drive, Dropbox, and flash drives by selecting "copy to." Now in Windows 11, it takes several steps to find "copy" and the options are limited to only another...
  6. What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?

What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?: So I updated to windows 11 and now all the things I had pinned to my taskbar are gone, only the original 22 items are shown on the taskbar, help would be very appreciated....
  7. What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the taskbar scroll bar in windows 11?: So I updated to windows 11 and now all the things I had pinned to my taskbar are gone, only the original 22 items are shown on the taskbar, help would be very appreciated....
  8. What happened to high performance power plan in Windows20H2?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened to high performance power plan in Windows20H2?: I'm pretty certain I had a high performance power plan on my HP Spectre laptop, but I went to change the power setting, and all that is available in the dropdown is "balanced." Where is the setting?...
  9. What happens to saved photos and files when switching OS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happens to saved photos and files when switching OS?: Hello, My PC is currently running on the Ubuntu operating system, however I plan to switch it over to Windows 10 this weekend. The only question I have: what happens to the photos and files I have already saved on my computer when I make the switch? I only ask because I...
  10. Power Saving

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Saving: My Dell monitor shuts off at will. I change settings to Never (shut down)(sleep). When this happens I am usually in the middle of what I was doing or listening to. For a while, it was not doing this. Then I got a Windows update and it started all over again. I tried to...