Windows 10: What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

Discus and support What happened to the Printer Migration Tool? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build). I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by utsbrodie, Mar 29, 2020.

1. utsbrodie Win User

What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build).

I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to backup the printer settings, but after a clean re-install of 10 Home 1909, this tool is now missing. The file is supposed to be in system32. The tool is also missing from Control Panel/Administrative Tools.

This printer has many many settings, and it will be a PITA to set it all up again.

Anyone know of a way to get it back, or is this just another example of Microsoft being helpful?

Cheers,
    Brodie

:)

utsbrodie, Mar 29, 2020
  2. utsbrodie Win User

I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build).

I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to backup the printer settings, but after a clean re-install of 10 Home 1909, this tool is now missing. The file is supposed to be in system32. The tool is also missing from Control Panel/Administrative Tools.

This printer has many many settings, and it will be a PITA to set it all up again.

Anyone know of a way to get it back, or is this just another example of Microsoft being helpful?

Cheers,
    Brodie

utsbrodie, Mar 29, 2020
  3. lucdc Win User
    Printer Migration tool not working in Windows 10 Home?

I 've already used the printer migration tool with success on Windows 10 Pro to import my old printers drivers from Windows 7.
    But on Windows 10 Home it does not seem to work. I get a error message :
    "can not find the file c:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi" Is there a workarround?

Kind Regards,
    Luke

lucdc, Mar 29, 2020
  4. What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. What happened to the Printer Migration Tool? - Similar Threads - happened Printer Migration

2. What is the best user migration tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best user migration tool?: When reinstalling/replacing PC's or moving PC/user to Azure, we would like to be able to keep the users complete desktop experience somehow.When a user logs in to Azure, or onto a newly deployed PC, they start with spending hours attempting to set up things visually "the way...
  3. What is the best user migration tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best user migration tool?: When reinstalling/replacing PC's or moving PC/user to Azure, we would like to be able to keep the users complete desktop experience somehow.When a user logs in to Azure, or onto a newly deployed PC, they start with spending hours attempting to set up things visually "the way...
  4. What is the best user migration tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Migration Tool?: My 2018 Dell Inspiron 15 5570 is starting to slow down and I was thinking of getting a new computer and I want all of my data to the new one but I don't want to reinstall everything bit by bit, so maybe Microsoft can create a free migration tool. I honestly don't know but...
  6. Printer migration tool for w10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer migration tool for w10 2004: Hello. Is there any way to migrate printers using w10 Home 2004? I have downloaded several migration tools (one from here) and none of them seem to work. Ideas? 159119
  7. What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?: I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build). I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to backup the printer settings, but after a clean re-install of 10 Home 1909, this tool is now missing. The file is supposed to be...
  8. What Happened to the Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Happened to the Snipping Tool?: I cannot find the Snipping Tool after all these updates. What happened to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-snipping-tool/ca5fd51b-3e5b-4eba-bc3f-35d7f9a1922d
  9. Printer Migration tool not working in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Migration tool not working in Windows 10 Home?: I 've already used the printer migration tool with success on Windows 10 Pro to import my old printers drivers from Windows 7. But on Windows 10 Home it does not seem to work. I get a error message : "can not find the file c:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi" Is there a...
  10. OS migration tools

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS migration tools: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer with Windows and wonder if there are some tools to move all of my settings, files and applications to a new one. Maybe someone has used any of applications which move all of these things? I heard about PCmover, Zinstall, PCtrans,...