Windows 10: what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

Discus and support what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joeking44, May 22, 2023.

1. Joeking44 Win User

what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ?

:)

Joeking44, May 22, 2023
  2. dsar Win User

Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10.

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 7559
    Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz
    Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M, 4GB GDDR5 video memory

Back Story

1. Two days ago I tried to install hackintosh on the laptop while Windows 10 Home is intact. I installed it in a different partition on the same harddrive. So the Windows was at C and the Mac OS Sierra was at E while D is used for data storage.
    2. In the process of installation, I press F4 while highlighting the Mac OS installation and then tried to boot it. But I couldn't boot it. The hackintosh failed.
    3. I gave up, and then boot from the Windows 10 but it also failed. It showed that there is no bootable device.
    4. I made a usb bootable windows 10 to recover the bcd using the command prompt option in the installation but it still failed to boot.
    5. I ended up installing the new windows 10 on the E drive (wiping out the failed hackintosh). After doing this, I succeeded.
    6. I am able to boot to the new windows as well as the old windows.

To keep things clean, I want to do a factory image restore. The problem is that because I used bcdedit before (see 4), I couldn't find the option to do the factory image restore.

I read online that I can fix the bcd using the visual bcd editor. I have no clue how to use it.

Here's a screenshot of the bcd visual editor on my computer.

what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? 8d1485973808t-factory-image-restore-option-missing-after-bcdedit-windows-10-home-64-a-bcdbootmgr.png

what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? 1485973808t-factory-image-restore-option-missing-after-bcdedit-windows-10-home-64-a-bcdfwbootmgr.png

what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? 0d1485973808t-factory-image-restore-option-missing-after-bcdedit-windows-10-home-64-a-bcdw10home.png

what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? 85973808t-factory-image-restore-option-missing-after-bcdedit-windows-10-home-64-a-bcdwinrecovery.png

I wanted to be able to do a factory image restore.

How can I do this using BCD Visual Editor?

Thanks in advanced.

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 22, 2023
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 22, 2023
Thema:

1. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ?? - Similar Threads - happened FACTORY RESTORE

2. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  3. what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what happened to the windows FACTORY RESTORE option ??: What has happened to the FACTORY RESTORE option on windows ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-the-windows-factory-restore/7255b625-51ab-4a4e-90a8-7703ddabb177
  4. What happened with the 100 robux option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened with the 100 robux option?: What happened with the 100 robux option? i recently just saved up for it but now its not there anymore. I really wanna buy it but the other options there too, like the 200,400 options aren't there either. So what happened to it??...
  5. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  6. What happened to my WiFi options?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What happened to my WiFi options?: Last night I was doing an online seminar and as soon as the seminar ended I lost Internet connection and realized all of the settings disappeared with it. There is no option to connect to wifi and under “NetWork and Internet” the wireless option is entirely missing from the...
  7. What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?: Hello, I just updated my Windows 10 to version 1909 from 1836 last week, but I may have to do a factory restore on my laptop. Will Windows upload again as 1836 -- its original build -- or will it go straight to 1909 during the restore? And why is the lockscreen blurry after...
  8. What will happen if I restore Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will happen if I restore Windows?: I am currently having problems with my laptop and would like to restore the laptop completely to the state it was when it was new. I understand you can restore Windows in the settings at the Update & Security tab, but what I would like to know is what will happen if I restore...
  9. What happened to Optional Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happened to Optional Updates?: Does anybody know what happens to what (in Windows 8.1 ) were called "Optional Updates" in Windows Update? Are these pushed automatically along with "Important Updates"? If not, how do we get them? 11178
  10. What Happened to the Standard Help Option

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happened to the Standard Help Option: Any time I try to use the question mark icon on the upper right side of the screen I get Cortana. When I type in a question, I just get to the Edge browser and the results of a search. Here is the Windows 8.1 result when I click the question mark on File Explorer page:...