Windows 10: What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update

Discus and support What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The January update has destroyed my RCA tablet/2-in-1. It was working OK up through the December update. January update rolled in this morning. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeBrady29, Jan 14, 2020.

1. What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update

The January update has destroyed my RCA tablet/2-in-1.

It was working OK up through the December update. January update rolled in this morning. Now, the trackpad is dead, completely, the keyboard is laggy, and the touch screen requires several punches to make it do anything. Essentially, the computer is unusable. Tried uninstalling the update; briefly, everything worked again, then some of the January update came back and it's dead again. Can't block the update because it's Win10 Home.

Tried sfc /scannow - it found some corruption and fixed it. No help. Tried DISM /online /clean-image /restorehealth. No help. Have had driver problems in the past that were fixed with a system reset, so tried that. Worse than ever reset is what made the touch screen go really bad. So I now have a not quite smoking piece of trash, thanks to this update.

I do have an image backup from a couple of weeks ago, so I may try that, but without the ability to block this update it'll happen again. Thanks for nothing, MS.

BTW, the update went through OK on the Windows side of a 10-year-old laptop that I dual boot with Linux Mint. Nothing appears to be broken. Though I've reverted to the Mint side for this note. So it's obviously that Windows doesn't like something about the tablet, and has determined to kill it. Interestingly, Mint came through with a security update to libgcrypt today - similar problem as with Windows?

Looking at the files affected by today's update, it appears that a bunch of hid****.sys files were touched. The touchpad and keyboard present as HID devices in Device Manager. Coincidence?

Edit: btw, plugging in a Logitech wireless mouse transponder and using that mouse works fine. So the problem appears to be something specific to the HID hardware of the tablet itself.

:)

MikeBrady29, Jan 14, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it?

Thunder1021, Jan 14, 2020
  4. UKdarren Win User

What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update

Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Exact same problem for me too with Asus X502C Laptop. It happened immediately after the most recent Microsoft updates installed. Perfectly OK before, no laptop keyboard or trackpad working afterwards. External keyboard does not work, but external mouse does.

Exactly the same issue as previous contributor, therefore this can only be a software issue caused by the Microsoft update rather than a hardware issue.

Any suggestions please? Nothing I've tried so far makes any difference.

UKdarren, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update

1. What Happened to USB keyboard trackpad in Win10 1909 January 2020 update - Similar Threads - Happened USB keyboard

2. What is new to Microsoft 365 for January 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new to Microsoft 365 for January 2020: Since the early days of personal computing, information workers have benefited the most from technology. That makes sense, since these workers tend to spend the bulk of their day at a computer screen. But there are 2 billion workers in the world who don’t work behind the...
  3. What is New in Microsoft Teams for January 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is New in Microsoft Teams for January 2020: Happy new year! Our resolution at Microsoft Teams is to keep delivering a delightful experience to our customers [ATTACH] . We started the year at National Retail Federation (NRF), where Teams continued to shine as a platform with tailored capabilities to connect everyone in...
  4. Windows 10 January 2020 Update Version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 January 2020 Update Version 1909: I'm trying to update my laptop to the Windows 10 January 2020 update. I have been trying to update it for the several days now and I get an error message. I'm connected to Wi-Fi and I have over 500GB of storage so I don't know why I'm getting an error message. Any help would...
  5. January 2020 Windows 10 Update

January 2020 Windows 10 Update: After installing the latest update, my Windows key is disable. I can still click on the onscreen icon to open the Windows menu, but the keyboard key that does the same thing, that always used to work, now does nothing....
  6. Windows 10 1909 - No updates available during January 2020

Windows 10 1909 - No updates available during January 2020: Hi, I installed Windows 10 - 1909 back in December. I notice there are no security updates available for it on patch Tuesday in January. Is this normal or is there a problem? How can I confirm I have the patch for Windows CryptoAPI Crypt32.dll installed? Thanks Jason...
  7. Windows Update 2020 January 14!?

Windows Update 2020 January 14!?: Hii!! Then we start with the problem. KB4528760 and 0x8024000bThe update was not problem but afterwards the problems came. DeviceSetup.exe has stopped working." error pops up. My HP printer stop working, Norton 360 as well The Microsoft Office 2019 Home and explorer was...
  8. Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes January 2020 Security Updates Release Date: January 14, 2020 The January security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps ASP.NET Core...
  9. Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates

Microsoft January 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes January 2020 Security Updates Release Date: January 14, 2020 The January security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps ASP.NET Core...
  10. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working: The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-ports-not-working/2974b971-b882-414f-be21-825667dba56e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard is laggy win 10 1909