Windows 10: What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome?

Discus and support What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I cannot find this Chrome extension on the Chrome Web Store anymore. Was it removed for some reason? 127128 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eLPuSHeR, Feb 13, 2019.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome?

Hello.

I cannot find this Chrome extension on the Chrome Web Store anymore.

Was it removed for some reason?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Windows Defender Browser Protection extension for Google Chrome

Source:

Brink, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Jimmy9190 Win User

Windows Defender and Browsers

I have read that too, but I understand that WD protects the Windows operating system itself, regardless of which browser is used. I use Chrome most of the time and have the WD extension for Chrome enabled. The extension is really just a version of Smart Screen made for Chrome but it works very well. I also use the Avast Online Security extension and Ad Block Plus on all 3 browsers. Chrome and Firefox are pretty well secured on their own, they really have not let me step in anything bad online.

Jimmy

Jimmy9190, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. What happened to WD Browser protection for Chrome? - Similar Threads - happened Browser protection

2. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  3. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  4. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection for Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection for Google Chrome: Dear team, I have a question. Is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extension for Google Chrome legit? Here's the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/microsoft-defender-browse/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcoml I couldn't find any confirmation on Microsoft...
  6. what happened to the distill google chrome option

in Browsers and Email
    what happened to the distill google chrome option: Anyone have the 411 on why this is no longer an option. I used it extensively. Google Chrome is up to date Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit). It would appear that I am not the only one who discovered it's absence: Reader Mode Not Availabe - Google Chrome Help...
  7. MBAM browser protection for Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    MBAM browser protection for Chrome: I find this extension to cause the pages to load slowly. The pause, while it works, is quite noticeable after using Chrome for so long with out it. It reads as though it is doing quite a job protecting a PC and I wondered if anyone has experienced the same pause I have? 140989
  8. Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot open Chrome anymore. What happened?: I have been using chrome for the last 5 years on my PC and today it just stopped opening. I can open Microsoft edge. I tried downloading again but the process stops with a message stating that I have to download through Microsoft store, but the store does not have Chrome as...
  9. Chrome Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Browser: When i click on the icon, it does not open! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-browser/143497a3-4579-42e0-bbaa-ac0d65d977cf
  10. Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser: I have a shortcut to open my Chrome browser on my taskbar. Every time I open Chrome I get this pop-up message: [img] I then have to click "yes" for Chrome to open. My Chrome browser is up to date. This has only happened recently. Any idea what causes this annoyance?...