Windows 10: what happened to windows explorer

Discus and support what happened to windows explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What happened to Windows explorer. I guess an update changed it to "file explorer" which I find useless. The old explorer showed me my complete file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rocky4paw, May 14, 2021.

1. Rocky4paw Win User

what happened to windows explorer

What happened to Windows explorer. I guess an update changed it to "file explorer" which I find useless. The old explorer showed me my complete file structure including drives, network, etc. File explorer has none of this. Csn I uninstall some update to get windows explorer back. File explorer is useless.

:)

Rocky4paw, May 14, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 14, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

what happened to windows explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. what happened to windows explorer - Similar Threads - happened explorer

2. weird "melting text" thing happens w scrolling down in win11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird "melting text" thing happens w scrolling down in win11 file explorer: hello,i've come to realize that whenever i scroll down in the taskbar on windows 11, the text will "melt together"- like the text will fuse and become stretched. i dont know if this is a gpu problem or what, but here's my specs:Operating System Windows 11 Home 64-bitCPU AMD...
  3. weird "melting text" thing happens w scrolling down in win11 file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird "melting text" thing happens w scrolling down in win11 file explorer: hello,i've come to realize that whenever i scroll down in the taskbar on windows 11, the text will "melt together"- like the text will fuse and become stretched. i dont know if this is a gpu problem or what, but here's my specs:Operating System Windows 11 Home 64-bitCPU AMD...
  4. Windows 11 Explorer does not open any window – nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Explorer does not open any window – nothing happens: Have her a W11 22H2 with a broken windows explorer. When clicking onto any icon on desktop, on explorer icon in windows start, or even with right mouse click onto "open path" from inside taskmanager on pointing onto windows exporer just nothing happens. No window will open at...
  5. Windows 11 Explorer does not open any window – nothing happens

Windows 11 Explorer does not open any window – nothing happens: Have her a W11 22H2 with a broken windows explorer. When clicking onto any icon on desktop, on explorer icon in windows start, or even with right mouse click onto "open path" from inside taskmanager on pointing onto windows exporer just nothing happens. No window will open at...
  6. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  7. What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to the icons on my desktop and my file explorer?: After personalizing my Desktop wallpaper from picture to slideshow, the icons from not only my desktop but also my file explorer on this account have disappeared — nothing on the left navigation/panel is displaying where normally Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Quick Access...
  8. Happens constantly when opening file explorer to move files to external hard drive....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Happens constantly when opening file explorer to move files to external hard drive....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/odusoa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/15xfugd/happens_constantly_when_opening_file_explorer_to/
  9. Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible explorer bug in newest update set? Happening across two systems with completely...: [ATTACH] After the most recent set of updates in Windows every time I open the start menu on a secondary monitor the primary start menu and taskbar starts freaking out like in the gif and GPU/CPU usage ramps up to an extreme degree (upwards of 20-60% usage spikes). I do...
  10. Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...

Windows Explorer crashes when any file is selected. This happens with the preview pane...: I have this issue on Windows 10.Upgraded to Windows 11.Problem still exists. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-crashes-when-any-file-is-selected/19129635-5bb7-4030-a152-3fb6a63faf3d